Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Hi,

This is my first time on a chat line and first time on this web site. I received an offer in the mail from this cruise line for a free trip for 2 to the Bahamas and a $1,300 travel voucher. I am wondering if anyone knows if the Caribbean Cruise Line is legit. The offer is in the form of a coupon book and has the Ramada and Universal Orlando listed on the front and back of the book. Also, Budget & Alamo are on the back along with their logos. The company is in Pompano Beach, FL and the address is on the back of the coupon book. If anyone has heard good or bad about this company, I would appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks and hope you all have a great day!

Cathy
Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, Cathy.

I am glad you came to us first. One thing to say...throw everything to do with this offer in the trash. It is a scam. Forget it. Don't provide any personal information to them. I can't over emphasize it enough. I get a couple of these "offers" every year.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Just remember the old adage, "If something seems too good to be true . . . . . . ." You know the rest.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:09 AM
Administrator

I've never heard of "Caribbean Cruise Line." Ramada did these time share pitch cruises a lot, most recently with Imperial Majesty Cruises on Regal Empress. But they're in Plantation, not Pompano Beach. In any case, I agree with the others to ignore the "offer." If the ship itself looks good to you, you can book it outside of this package, which is nothing more than a time share pitch. Continue to do your homework first.

And, welcome to cruise-chat!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:57 AM

I actually got one of those offers in the mail too... and with the economy being the way it is, I decided to go for it. So, I booked, I was a little nervous at first after reading mixed reviews, but I'm glad I did. It was my first cruise, so I wasn't sure what to expect; however it was a good time. The cabin was nice, the staff was nice, the food was pretty tasty and there was a lot to do while on board. We didn't have to sit through any time share speeches or anything like that. It was actually pretty easy. I think we paid $59 each for port fees which I hear is normal for cruises anyway. All in all, we had a good time and will go again when I can't stand it anymore and need to just get away for a couple of days.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:00 PM

i received a voucher in the mail also. i was going to go ahead and go for it. But when I tried to register for it, they asked me for my certificate number. i tried everything but i cannot find it. do u know where I can find it?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:25 AM

I received these kind of offer, Do not trust, everything is fake, it is a scam. Beware of these mails, do not provide your personal details, just by sending mails of these kinds they get personal information.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:43 PM

We did not get anything in the mail about this cruise, we however did see a commercial on tv about it and called. They were very friendly and helpful on the phone. We also paid $59 per person for port fees, and were also upgraded to a ocean view room. The ship was awesome, plenty for me and my husband to do as well as our 6 year old daughter. We decided to add on 3 nights before the cruise and 3 nights after. It was amazing!!They gave us a gas voucher and vouchers for our food at the hotels as well. It is definitely not a scam, it was a dream come true. You even get 18 months to decide when you want to go. I think they are offering so much great stuff so that they can get their name up! I checked out BBB and they do have an f rating, but if you look in more detail, they have only have 5 complaints in the past 36 months! The ship was just lauched in 2008. 4 of the complaints were resolved with refunds and the 5th was unanswered. Most of the complaints that I have read actually started out as people asking for advice and then other people put their two cents in about "oh no, never give out your credit card number over the phone!" Well we just went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in September and what do you know, we had to give them our credit card number over the phone too!!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:57 PM

The last post sounds fake. It sounds like someone from caribbean cruise lines wrote it. I literally JUST payed these people their stupid port tax, i'm regretting it reading some of these reviews. The one thing i don't see is anyone who said that they paid the $59/ per person for nothing. Everyone who says it was a scam didn't even try it out. I'm still a little sketched out because everyone comes up with different tax amounts and different websites. The website they gave me was www.caribbeancl.com. If anyone paid and then DID not go on their cruise, please let me know.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:06 AM

I saw this add on tv last night. It says free cruise. But then it say's you have to pay port taxes and fee's. I wonder how much that might be??

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, caribbean, carribean, celebration, complaints, cruise, free, legit, legitimate, line, lines, mail, ramada, scam, voucher