Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 08:34 AM

Just got to thinking on this and wondered where the M.V Royal Majesty went to. I was thinking that NCL got her and added a "stretch" but I could be wrong. This ship was wonderful and we have very fond memories of it. Back in '92, there were very few outside decks on rooms. Our room on the Royal Majesty was a suite, complete with our own butler!! It was our honeymoon and they gave us a coupon to go the next year for only $99 each!! Needless to say, we took them up on the offer. I would like to find the whereabouts of this, at the time, magnificent ship.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-11-2006, 09:47 AM

Bruce,

the former "Royal Majesty" has been part of the Norwegian Cruise Line NCL fleet since 1997 and is called "Norwegian Majesty". The ship was indeed "stretched" in Germany in 1999.

I'm moving this thread to the "All Other Cruise Lines" forum, as your question is not about a Royal Caribbean International ship.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Bruce, we recently returned from our fourth cruise on this ship. (Three were as Norwegian Majesty, one as Majesty Cruise Line's Royal Majesty.) She is still a wonderful little ship. Many of her crew have been with her for years, including several we met who have been onboard since her Royal Majesty days. It's true that she seems smaller and less garish than she did in her earlier days, yet we still very much enjoy cruising on this ship.

She presently spends 6 months of the year sailing to Bermuda from Boston, and the remainder of the year to the Caribbean out of Charleston. She's been doing the Boston-Bermuda run every season since 1994.

You might enjoy the attached article I wrote comparing the ship pre- and post-stretch:
Norwegian Majesty Then and Now. It includes several photos taken in 2003.

I didn't note many changes since the article's publication in 2003 and our summer 2006 cruise. Both suites are still there -- deck 9 forward. We had one of the mini-suites on the same deck. No butler for us, but it was nice to have a concierge.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, happened, imperial, line, lines, louis, majestic, majesty, mv, norwegian, reviews, royal, ship, stretch, wvroyal