Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 11:16 AM

I was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions on what to take/not take into port? I need a purse for my $, sunblock, beachtowel. Is there something easier than a purse? What do people bring their souveniers back in? Seems like it would be awkward to carry a giant beach bag everywhere.
Thanks!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:04 PM

We have a waterproof plastic pouch that we carry around our necks. It's large enough to hold your cruise card, a credit card, and some cash. We have a fishnet bag that we got at our dive shop that we put our snorkeling gear, towels, and sunscreen in. I carry my 35mm or digital around my neck or in the bag. We use the shopping bags or boxes they wrap our purchases in to bring them back to the ship. Hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Well, I agree that it's a total pain to carry a purse. If you have a beach bag, use that and put your valuables in your pocket and your key card around your neck. Giant one is fine as long as it isn't heavy.

I have used a fanny pack in the past, when I've had kids with me and I am sure I'm going to be very absentminded, but they can be hot- and of course, if you are very heavy that would be out.

The one thing I always see and can't believe is the purse/backpack combo. Whatever you do, do not put your wallet, camera, passport, key card and money on your back. You will forget about it in an instant and you won't feel someone taking things out of it.

I don't think there is any way to avoid going back to the ship with a bunch of little bags and things. Part of the fun! Just keep your valuables by your side and on your mind at all times. And keep your key card around your neck.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 PM

Well be careful caring credit cards and ID's around your neck. You'd be suprised at how fast those can disappear from around you neck when some one comes running by and grabing it. What We do is I carry my wifes Seapass and ID in my wallet so that it is secure. That way if she does't want to take her purse she doesn't have to. Remember if you lose your Seapass and ID you probally are not going to get back on the ship and will have lots of problems. Just a suggestion. Also having no purse allows the ladies to relax a bit also and shop.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-07-2006, 01:48 PM

I carry a very small purse that hangs around my neck. My husband also carries a fish net bag if we are going to the beach. It is big enough to hold our snorkeling gear and beach towels. We try to leave enough time so that we can take these back to the ship before shopping. If we are just going to port to shop, we have a bag that has zippers that can make it bigger if needed. You never know what bargains you'll find!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:07 PM

Thanks for all the advice! Everyone had really good ideas!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by ceemonster:
Well be careful caring credit cards and ID's around your neck. You'd be suprised at how fast those can disappear from around you neck when some one comes running by and grabing it. What We do is I carry my wifes Seapass and ID in my wallet so that it is secure. That way if she does't want to take her purse she doesn't have to. Remember if you lose your Seapass and ID you probally are not going to get back on the ship and will have lots of problems. Just a suggestion. Also having no purse allows the ladies to relax a bit also and shop.

Closed Thread

Tags
card, cruise, purse, put