Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 AM

We are shopping, site seeing and beach people.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 AM

We did the catamaran sail/snorkel there with Wadadli (sp?). The crew was great, but the snorkeling wasn't. It might have been the day or the time of year, but the spot we wet to snorkel was covered with jelly fish. The beach they took us to swim was really nice. Some people went to Long Beach and said it was nice. Hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Though I too LOVE snorkeling the best, as Penny knows, I thought I should tell you about the Occidental Pinapple Beach Resort on Long Beach. Oh it was nice. $45/day pp. all inclusive resort. Here's a link with some pictures of it...Antigua Pics
Old 01-23-2007, 07:35 PM

What do you get at the pineapple resort for $45.00 pp ?did you have to take a taxi there or do they have a shuttle?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:31 PM

You get all you can drink (I think they lost money on us!), use of thier pools, beach and a wonderful lunch at the restaurant. Sandals charges as much as $100 for a day pass, so compared to that it's not too bad. Hint: Bring your own towels from the ship, if you don't they'll let you use thiers but you'll have to leave a deposit. You will have to get a cab to Long Bay Beach which is on the other side of the island, takes about 1/2 hour as I recall. We shared a cab with another couple who were going to the public beach which is next to the Pinapple Beach Resort. I believe it was $16pp or $32 for both of us for a round trip. The same driver picked us up at a predetermined time when we were done. (don't pay for the round trip fare completely until they pick you up in case they don't show up. I heard that cab rates are fixed already. We told someone outside the cruise ship dock that we needed a cab and they found us a driver who already had a couple going there. The day we were there was overcast and drizzly, which you can see in the pictures. It was still a great time, I'm sure it would have been more spectacular if the sun was shinning!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:26 PM

We had a great day on Eli's Eco Tours. You get snorkeling and touring by boat on this tour. I have some photos in my signature if you'd like to take a look.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, beach, cruise, dock, haiti, labadee, moped, place, rental, safe, ship, uncrowded, worry