Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   time between crusie and flight (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/1012-time-between-crusie-flight.html)

indeed 08-22-2010 11:55 AM

the wife and i have schedule a flight to leave at 6pm from san juan. what is the latest time you can get off the ship on the last day? does anyone know if there is a place to store your luggage after you get off the ship but before to have to be at the airport?
thanks

Jim C. 08-22-2010 12:08 PM

We stayed on as long as we could and I think we were off by 10AM. We had a late flight also and had enough time to take a San Juan tour. There was a tour bus outside the terminal and they we selling tours right there. It was an air conditioned motorcoach and they took all our luggage with us and dropped us at the airport after the tour. I figured we paid for part of the tour cost with cab fare we would have had to pay anyway.

MCPayne 08-22-2010 06:23 PM

Hi indeed.

I'm not sure what line you're going on, but depending on the cruise line and airline you're flying, some cruise lines have a luggage valet service. For a fee (I think for Royal Caribbean, for some ports it was $20 plus the bag fees for your airline), they will take your bags to the airport and check them, and provide you with your boarding passes.

Again, I'm not sure if this is offered in San Juan for debarking passengers. It depends on the port, the cruise line, and the airline.

Dwayne 08-22-2010 11:27 PM

Hi indeed, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Please follow up with the cruise line and the ship's scheduled arrival time. This will help determine what services would be available.

Like Jim I took a tour after when I had a late flight. They kept our luggage on the bus and delivered us and the luggage to the airport.

Barrachina's also offers free luggage storage. Click on the Old San Juan location then the free services for more information.

Welcome Aboard!

rbum 10-06-2010 01:44 PM

I have a similar question. If we fly in a day early to San Juan and the ship doesn't leave until 8:30 PM, what do you do in the mean time? You can't stay at the hotel all day. Do you rent a car, where do you go until you board the ship? RickyB

Cruise Fanatic 10-06-2010 02:32 PM

Most hotels check-out is 11AM. I would first ask for the possibility of a late check-out. However; you could stay until the latest time check-out and then go to the ship and check luggage with the porters. The ship may or may not be checking people in already. If they are, then I would check-in and get that out of the way. Then it's up to you if you want to hang out on the ship all day or go back off and explore. Just be sure to note the time you must be on board for sailing.

penny3333 10-07-2010 06:52 AM

rbum, I highly recommend seeing some of San Juan if you've not done so already. The botanical gardens are great, the Bacardi Factory is fun, and Old San Juan is fantastic. You can actually walk around old San Juan without having to pay for a tour.