Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 09:11 AM

just booked on the star prin. and the ports are ocho rios ,cayman island and cozumel any advise on booking tour from the ship or on land and what to see at these ports would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-05-2006, 09:31 AM

Ocho Rios, if you've not been before, Dunn's River Falls. The last time we were there, we did a catamaran sail/snorkel. The cat was nice, but the snorkeling was not the best, nice just not great. Grand Cayman, I like 7 mile beach, but many on this board state it's too crowded and Rum Point Beach is much better. There are a couple of wrecks near to where you tender that are good to snorkel/dive. Stingray City is great. Cozumel, Xel-ha or Tulum are great excursions. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:32 PM

If, like me, you don't tolerate the heat very well then I would advise that you skip Tulum or any other activity that doesn't involve water. I was miserable at Tulum.
Norwegian Gem 2007 (Transatlantic)
Island Princess 2007 (Hawaii)
Caribbean Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Island Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Splendour of the Seas 2006 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2005 (Hawaii)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2005 (Caribbean)
Sapphire Princess 2005 (Mexico)
Caribbean Princess 2004 (Caribbean)
Star Princess 2004 (Europe / Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Caribbean)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Monarch of the Seas 2002 (Caribbean)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2000 (Mexico)
Old 12-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Like penny said Dunns River is nice to see and margaritaville is is cool as well in ocho rios. If you want to swim we dolphins friends of mine have told me that Cozumel has a nice spot to do that at.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ross555:
just booked on the star prin. and the ports are ocho rios ,cayman island and cozumel any advise on booking tour from the ship or on land and what to see at these ports would be greatly appreciated

I went to Ochos Rios for the 2nd time last yr, we did a NCL sponsered excursion, a river tubing trip. It was so fun!!! WE always do ship excursions in Ochos because it is a bit intimidating. Dunns is fun too...
In Grand Cayman we did an independent Sting Ray City tour, when we got off the ship we were approached, dickered over the $ a bit and off we went, really cool !
In Cozmel we went to Playa San Fransisco for a few hours, we took a taxi, I always feel safe there... It is a beach w/ chairs/ bar service a little shopping, bathrooms.... we usually do something out doorsy in the a.m. then head into town for lunch/ shopping for the p.m. I love cozmel... the shopping is like a sport there. I've never been to Tulum, it seems like a long trip just for the day...

Closed Thread

Tags
caymon, excursions, islands, ocho, rios