Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 04:19 PM

Hey Andrea,I did pull this up and it looks good. They even said there are some ruins there. Thanks for the tip. I will definately check this park out. Do you know anything about renting mopeds in Cozumel? I thought maybe we could get around the island that way. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Crazy, I would highly advise you NOT TO rent mopeds, scooters, motorcycles, or the like, in Cozumel. The roads are in SEVERE disrepair. And, by disrepair I mean big pot holes and large, broken pieces of asphalt/pavement lying in the road, etc.

You will need to devote your full, undivided attention to the road. You would not be able to look away for even a split second. It's that bad.

Cozumel residents drive crazy too. You'll have your hands completely full trying to control the moped, watching for signs, and being on the defensive with Cozumel drivers. I'm sure others on this forum would concur with me.

A'ndrea
Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Yep, Andrea is right, they'll give you the same advice on the announcements onboard. The only place even more of a challenge are the ports like Grand Cayman that are under British control, there you have the same issues but also have to learn to drive on the wrong side of the road too.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Okay, that settles that! No mopeds! How do you suggest getting around in these places? I've read something about a bus??? We have 7 people in our group so I don't think we could even fit in a taxi. What is the best way to get around?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:27 PM

If you do planned excursions (with the cruiseline or not) they'll take you in a bus. If you're going it alone, stay at the stuff near the pier. There's plenty around the pier within walking distance in Cozumel. When I go it alone and go far I take taxi's.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-09-2007, 08:04 PM

Too much stuff to plan! Okay I hope i can remember all this info you guys are giving me. I would rather plan ahead than end up in trouble later. I feel sorry for those people who do this without help. Alright, you all have a good night!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Banned

Crazy, Neil has given you good advice. If your group is lucky enough to snag a few taxi's together at the pier, you can get to your destination altogether. You just might have to be split up during the ride there. Not that big of a deal.

I'm glad you decided against the moped idea. Smart move!

A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
park, punta, sur