Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 04:41 PM

Does anyone know if there are ruins at Chankunaab? If so, which ones? Are they worth going to and do you get charged extra once you get into the park to go there? Also, are they easy to get around at- for someone who can't walk too well? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:41 PM

Does anyone know if there are ruins at Chankunaab? If so, which ones? Are they worth going to and do you get charged extra once you get into the park to go there? Also, are they easy to get around at- for someone who can't walk too well? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

crazyfamilycruisers, I've been to Cozumel several times, but never to their ruins. Only
to Chichen Itza Ruins. I've had friends who've gone to The San Gervasio Ruins in Cozumel and enjoyed them.

The site is www.mayasites.com/gervasio.html for your reference.

A'ndrea
Old 06-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Do you know if there are any at the park?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Banned

By park, are you referring to Chankanaab National Park?

A'ndrea
Old 06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

Chankanaab has no ruins except what used to be thier reef..they were destroyed by hurricane in 2005...i went in sept last year and it was still destroyed, with nothing but the beach for the $15 admission it was a ripoff...they used to have a nice park with replica artifacts, a great reef with underwater statues...all that is gone...i have heard they have their dolphin interaction tour open again for the cruise ships but the reef is GONE ..only 1 underwater statue was left...all the replica stuff and nature trail was GONE and they dont tell you this untill after you pay at the gate...unless you like paying a lot for a little beach Chankanaab is a total waste of money
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 PM

Yes, this is the park I was talking about. Thanks so much for all that info! I guess we will look for something else to do in Cozumel. They sure don't advertise that either on the website for them. OMG! Unrelated, but, we just got back from an AWESOME Shuttle launch! To anyone who can plan a cruise from Florida around the time of a launch- it is worth going to! Back to the cruise talk! If anyone has any ideas for other excursions in Cozumel, I am open to suggestions!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Banned

crazyfamilycruisers, wise2u would know best, seeing that he was recently there.

Wise2u recommends Paradise Beach. Our family has also gone to Punta Sur Park in Cozumel. We've snorkeled and swam there. Not as decked out in amentities as Chankanaab, but, just as beautiful. It's a much quieter, relaxing beach. A local came around with a cooler selling us Pepsi and beers out of it, very reasonably priced.

I just googled Punta Sur Beach Cozumel and it came right up with photos and information. Check it out. You can't go wrong in Cozumel.

Good Luck.
A'ndrea
Old 06-09-2007, 05:41 AM

I will check all this out. This sounds perfect! I am all for the cheap thing as we are traveling with 7 people so it will be expensive no matter what we pick. Thanks again for the help!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Banned

Crazy, It's a great, secluded beach near a small lighthouse. There is even a crocodile habitat that you can visit while there. I would definitely recommend Punta Sur. Let me know how you make out.
A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
park, punta, sur