Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2006, 03:14 PM

My husband and I are planning our first cruise. One of our stops will be Coco Cay. Just wondering if anyone has any photos to share from there so I can see what I'll be expecting. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2006, 04:19 PM

Coco Cay is the best - We are going in August this will be our third time there. It's like being on a island all by yourself. You must be 100% a beach person..... The water is great. I will try to send you a picture.

When are you going? The snokeling is great.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:17 PM

Check out our review of Coco Cay at our sister site, CaribbeanPortReviews.com. You will find a number of pictures there.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 AM

Does anyone have a comparison of Cococay to Labadee? I have been to Labadee but am going to Cococay on the mariner in December.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Administrator

I haven't been to Coco Cay in several years but I liked it a lot and have been there twice. We just visited Labadee and I was impressed with how the property had been developed since our last visit in 1997. Actually it may be too spread out since it was a long walk to get anywhere unless you took one of the tractor trollies. The thing with the trollies is that they didn't seem to keep a really good schedule. You would see one - or all three at once - and then not see one for a long time. This meant walking and if there is one thing Labadee has in abundance, it is sand. Soft sand. Walking could be tiresome since the sand is everywhere and not just on the beaches. There are no paved roads or sidewalks.

Anyway, Coco Cay is much smaller and really is an island as opposed to a peninsula. The sense of actually being on a tiny tropical island adds much to the experience in my view. I prefer Coco Cay.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:11 PM

CocoCay has mats for rent ($10), free chairs, hammocks, a large inflatable slide (there is a charge to use it). A couple food stands serving free hot food. A building for organized youth activites, you will receive a list of scheduled activities for children the night before. You will be shuttled from the ship to the island in a boat that holds about 200 people. We loved our day on Coco Cay.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 PM

Hi,
As loyal RCI cruisers, we have been to both, and love each. Coco Cay has been greatly improved unless the storms did damage last year. We haven't been since 2004 but coco cay then had lots of loungers in shade and sun, new marketplace for shopping, you will have the buffet lunch provided by RCI at their open air buffet which will be prep by the ships cooks. Wonderful and enjoy the snorkeling.
Sovereign of the Seas 3/04
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Majesty of the Seas 5/03
Adventure of the Seas 10/02
Majesty of the Seas 6/02
Sovereign of the Seas 11/01
Explorer of the Seas 10/01
Carnival Paradise 10/00
Carnival Fantasy 1/98 ~ New cruisers are Born!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:46 PM

Was in Coco Cay in Jan. on the Mariner. A bit chilly that day, especially in the am. Very pretty though. Labadee was much larger in area, took longer to get around. I think I would have to say I like Labadee better, been there twice.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:46 AM

h
Old 08-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:
h
Hi Bryan, and welcome to cruise-chat. Looks as though your message never got completed before sending.

Closed Thread

Tags
cay, coco, cococay, cruise, food, free, labadee, photos, pictures, port, prevents, rentals, reviews, ship, walking