Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 06:12 PM

We have to make a 9:30 flight on Sunday from a Princess ship to Ft. Lauderdale airport. When we booked the cruise they said it would work if we notify them as soon as we get on the ship. They also told us at the end of the cruise to keep our bags and take a cab on our own and we shouldn't have any problems. What do you guys think? Did we make a mistake?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:12 PM

We have to make a 9:30 flight on Sunday from a Princess ship to Ft. Lauderdale airport. When we booked the cruise they said it would work if we notify them as soon as we get on the ship. They also told us at the end of the cruise to keep our bags and take a cab on our own and we shouldn't have any problems. What do you guys think? Did we make a mistake?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Administrator

quote:
Did we make a mistake?

Yes, you did.

Who did you book the cruise with? They should be horsewhipped for telling you all would be fine with that early a flight. If everything works perfectly - no problems at all - it is possible to make your flight. I've yet to have a cruise that had "no problems at all", especially on debarkation day.

Oh, welcome to cruise-chat!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:59 PM

Hello CiCi, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Where is the Princess ship docked? Is it in Port Everglades or in the Port of Miami? If it's in the Port of Miami, you have a serious problem.

Sonny
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned

It can be done but everything must work like clockwork. So: 1. Make Darn sure that you can carry off your own luggage and get clearance to be first off the ship. The airport is very close so get a private cab (not a group shuttle)immediately and be taken to the airport. If off by 8:15 you will be in the check-in line by 8:30 and be passing through security around 9:00 and at the gate to board by 9:15. If you can get off the ship earlier than 8 am, do it.

Sodey
Old 07-29-2008, 07:07 PM

Don't forget to take out Travel Insurance with trip delay coverage included.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:33 AM

a few yrs ago we took a cruise on the celebration out of Jacksonville, flew in the day before and flew out after the cruise. the airplane departed at 9 50 am. we made the flight but it was a bit scary for a while.
ATF agents with dogs boarded the ship after we docked and did a search and i assume an arrest because they brought this fella out in handcuffs. And I was in such a hurry and panic to make the plane I didnt get any gossip about it from the other passengers.lol Anyway we were delayed more then usual and it was a big rush trying to get off, get thru customs, get a taxi, get to the airport, check in thru security and find gate and board plane. we had no time to be slow.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:14 PM

I am asking in the same direction:

My best flight out would be at 12 noon - can I make it to Fort Lauderdale in time. I will be on the Liberty OS arriving at 7am.

Appreciate your support.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

quote:
My best flight out would be at 12 noon - can I make it to Fort Lauderdale in time.

You will most likely not have any problem, but you'll need to have your ducks in a row as far as having transportation standing by and being in the first group off the ship. If you can get something later you will be better off.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Getting off the ship usually isn't the problem - it's the unknowns of traffic and airports that can mess things up. That's why we usually come in the day before departure when flying.

Closed Thread

Tags
930, cruise, debarkation, earliest, flight, fort, ft, lauder, lauderdale, made, making, probability