Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 AM

My fiance and I are in disagreements over the passport, which neither of us has. We are traveling to Miami in Feb for our cruise to Key West and Calica. My FH says we don't need a passport yet, but I want to get one just in case. Can anyone tell me, DO you or do you NOT need a passport if on a cruise to Mexico? I know that eventually we will, but the time we are going, he says we do not. Please help, time is running out to apply for one in time...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 AM

My fiance and I are in disagreements over the passport, which neither of us has. We are traveling to Miami in Feb for our cruise to Key West and Calica. My FH says we don't need a passport yet, but I want to get one just in case. Can anyone tell me, DO you or do you NOT need a passport if on a cruise to Mexico? I know that eventually we will, but the time we are going, he says we do not. Please help, time is running out to apply for one in time...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-22-2007, 09:03 AM

I maybe wrong but I believe all people will have to have a passport or one being filed by January 2008. I would rather be safe then sitting on the dock waving at the ship as she leaves.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Your government website is not very clear on the requirements but this may help
http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossing...ibasics.shtm#2
I would call you government offices for the correct information.....they seem to flip flop on the date for when passports are needed
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 08-22-2007, 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mojomom:

It doesn't hurt to have a passport so I say, get it anyway. They can be used for 10 years. You never know where you will go in a decade.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, key, needing, passport, usa, west