Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Has anyone gone on a private tour with Orville Taylor (Peat Taylor's brother) in Ocho Rios? If so, would you mind to share what your experience was with him? Was he ontime in picking you up? Was his tour interesting and entertaining? How was his driving? Where did he take you? We are considering booking a trip with him but would be interested in what other's experiences were like on his tours and I haven't seen much in the way of posts on him. If you would, please include the pros and cons of your tour with him. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Has anyone gone on a private tour with Orville Taylor (Peat Taylor's brother) in Ocho Rios? If so, would you mind to share what your experience was with him? Was he ontime in picking you up? Was his tour interesting and entertaining? How was his driving? Where did he take you? We are considering booking a trip with him but would be interested in what other's experiences were like on his tours and I haven't seen much in the way of posts on him. If you would, please include the pros and cons of your tour with him. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:17 PM

No one has gone on a tour with Orville Taylor??? It is always a bit risky when you are booking on your own with an individual, so any feedback would be very appreciated.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:46 PM

Hi Lacey,
I used Orville Taylor on my last visit to Jamaica and he was wonderful. He had an air-conditioned van, had an excellent time at Dunn's River Falls and ate lunch at Bibipops. He was at the pier to meet us as scheduled - definitly would consider using him again.
Sandy
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 AM

Orville took our family to Dunns River Falls and then river tubing in April. He was quite friendly and courteous, and told us a little about the island and also sang some songs for us while we were in route. We especially appreciated the safekeeping of our backpacks and other belongings in his van while we were climbing the falls and tubing the river. He also drove carefully, unlike numerous other guides whom we have encountered in our travels. We would definitely hook up with Orville again if we get back to Jamaica.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:53 PM

Thank you very much for your feedback. Another tour guide I had emailed (and who was not available on the day I will be there) said they would not recommend Orville Taylor. I wasn't sure if it was just something between them personally or if Orville was someone I should avoid. Positive comments from Orville's satisfied customers weighs in more heavily so I've booked a tour with him.

Closed Thread

Tags
dunns, falls, jamaica, ocho, orville, peat, rios, river, taylor, tour, tours, tubing, website