Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:57 AM

Hi all

For a recent reviews of Punta Sur park see 'The Original South Park' story on this Cozumel vacation site.

They also have a review of Chankanaab from June.

The island looks a million times better than in January - we've had a lot of rain since then and it is green again - yes, you will see some dead trees and some of the piers ar still being rebuilt, but otherwise you'd probably never guess a hurricane was here less than a year ago.

The beaches are in excellent shape now - Paradise Beach is a good option.

Those that are serious about snorkeling will find boat tours are much better than shore snorkeling as the reef near to the beaches is still recovering - not just in Chankanaab but pretty much everywhere.

Two I can recommend are the catamaran tour from Paradise Beach or the Fury Catamaran tour.

Hope that helps!

Ian
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 AM

Hello from Germany!

The "San Francisco" Beach is a great place for som drinks at the swim-up Bar,. relaxing and all Watersport´s!
It takes only 15 min. to South to get there with a Taxi...

(Sorry for my bad english )

Marc
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM

can't wait to visit here. Can't be worse than my neighborhood in NO!!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:33 PM

Hey Ian,

Thanks again for the info. I am going to be doing the catamaran from Paradise Beach. I have been on Fury, and think I will give Chankanaab some more time to restore.

There was a pharmacy a block or so back from downtown tourist area. It was in a square type area. Do you know what street it is on, or can reccomend one?

Best Regards,
IslandCruz
Old 10-10-2006, 08:30 AM

Good choice IsalndCruz, the Paradise Beach catamaran tour is great. You get to snorkel some of the best reefs and you can relax on the beach for the rest of the time.

If you want to guarantee your space you can book the tour in advance here for $35 per person.

Have fun!

Ian
Old 10-10-2006, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by yourcontact:
Good choice IslandCruz, the Paradise Beach catamaran tour is great. You get to snorkel some of the best reefs and you can relax on the beach for the rest of the time.

If you want to guarantee your space you can book the tour in advance here for $35 per person.

Have fun!

Ian
Old 10-13-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ktjersland:
We are sailing on the Miracle in October to Cozumel. We were going to go to Chankanaab Park for the day. Some people have written that it has only recently reopened but not at 100%. Has any one been to Cozumel recently and have any beach recommendations for a beach to taxi to?
I agree with the others on Paradise Beach. We were just there two weeks ago and it was great. Grabbed a taxi from the International Pier and it took about 15 to 20 min. to get there. Beautiful water, lots of beach chairs, showers, changing rooms, massage booth, restaurant, small gift shop, bar, and lots to do there. We went for the catamaran tour that leaves from the pier at 12:30 local time (not ship time!) Awesome experience with that. Don't bother with shore snorkeling. Get out to the reefs. The only thing we found was that there was a $10 minimum purchase amount if you wanted a deck chair--which is not what their web site says. So just order lunch at the restaurant and enjoy the view!

Closed Thread

Tags
accessible, beach, beaches, chankanaab, cozumel, cozumelparadise, crappy, cruise, mexico, park, photos, port, punta, reviews, sur