Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 02:49 PM

My family is cruising in June on the Carnival Valor and we've never been to Roatan or Belize. We're really interested in the rip line excursion and want to know if anyone has done it. If so, in which location, was it worth the money, etc.? If not, what else is there to do in these locations? Thanks for the help!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Roatan is the snorkeling capital of the world! It's even better than Cozumel, because the hurricanes a few years ago wiped out alot of their coral reef.

Belize is a neat place to tour. We went on a tour of the city and a tour of the Belikin Beer Factory. Belikin Beer is actually very good and you get all the beer you want with appetizers and snacks when the tour is done. It was a good time. Almost all the excursions in Belize were given high marks by the people we toured with.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:40 AM

Hi kw,
When we were in Roatan,we hired a cab through Victor Bodden and toured the island,our driver was Lonny and he was very good.Unfortunately the weather was terrible(rain and cold-we were there in March).We had a great time despite the weather.The island is very poor,we,brought things to give away(small toys,tshirts etc).In Belize you don't see as much poverty although it is there also.There we did the Mayan Ruins with a tour company called Smugglers Run Plantation,they offer many different tours(horse back etc)and we had lunch on their plantation.Check out their website.We had a personal tour of the ruins with Trevor and his wife prepared a traditional Belize lunch while we were gone.They were planning at that time to build a golf course on their property.Hope this helps a little,can't tell you anything about zipline but I'm sure others can and will.Have a fabulous trip!!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 AM

Both Roatan and Belize are great for snorkeling. We took a catamaran sail/snorkel in Roatan. It was about a 20 minute bus ride to the catamaran, so we got to see a little of the island as well. It's not a developed country and really quite interesting. Our snorkel trip took up most of the day, we were there in January. The water was a little nippy, but I had a short wet suit on and was fine. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm. The water was crystal clear, plenty of sea life. There is a shopping area right where you dock or tender. The pier can only handle one ship, so any others have to anchor and tender in. We were on the Mediterranea and there was a Royal Caribbean ship at the pier, so we had to tender. Not a big deal. Roatan is definitely a place I hope to return to. My co-worker did a snorkel in Belize. He said it was fantastic. He took a catamaran out to the barrier reef and that's where they snorkeled. He said there was good shopping there as well. I haven't been there in years, so can't remember much. His pictures brought back no outstanding memories.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Banned

I think the best place is in Belize, I read that someone was killed on the one in Roatan so its been dropped. Tabyana beach was nice though.

We went onCave Tubing & Ziplining with X-stream they also offer the zipline only option but the cave tubing was great too. We had double lines and it was very safe. Really beautiful, even my 8 year old did it;-)

Closed Thread

Tags
barrier, beach, beer, belikin, belize, cruise, forum, mayan, rain, reef, roatan, ruins, tabyana, tour, weather