Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 AM

hi everyone its getting close for my first cruise on the week of nov 27th. my questions is what is there to do in nassau,coco cay and key west? i keep thinking that i pick the wrong port. what is there to see or do than just going to the beach. please help?
Old 10-26-2006, 03:13 PM

Hi Julianne

What ship are you going on? I am going on the Sovereign of the Seas on the same day. There are lots to do on cruises. have you tried RCCL's website? read and brochures? Is it just you and hubby/boyfriend? Try the website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ for lots of ideas. There will be shows on the ship, games by the pool, gambling, relaxing, etc. Give more of an idea what info you are looking for and I will be glad to assist you

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-01-2006, 06:51 AM

I have some pictures of our cruise in September showing Nassau and Coco Cay that may give you some insite... CLICK HERE

Hope this helps...

Sonny

Old 11-01-2006, 11:44 AM

thanks so much Sonny. We are going in majesty of Sea on NOv 26th, first cruise.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:57 AM

Julianna, I cruised on the Majesty in Aug. and Oct. and think it's a good choice for a first cruise. If you've never been to Nassau, a city tour is a good way to see the island. Most everyone makes a trip to see Atlantis. At Coco Cay, we usually snorkle and just relax on the beach. We've been to Key West many times. Our favorite thing to do is a snorkeling trip on the Fury Catamaran but if you're more interested in sightseeing, take the trolley. You can get off and on the trolley at the various stops. There's the Southern Most Point, Hemingway House, Truman Little White House, Key West Aquarium, Mel Fisher Shipwreck Museum, stop for a cold one at Sloppy Joe's or Captain Tony's... The list is long of neat things to do. You should go on the RCCI website and check out the shore excursions section which will give you a good idea of activities.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH I JUST KEPT ON WONDERING IF I PICK THE WRONG PORTS. I JUST DONT WANT TO BE LOST AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO THESE ISLANDS.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:14 PM

Hey Julianna

I do not think you have picked the wrong ports. You will have a great time. Like Cruising Nole has suggested taking a tour in Nassau is great. The Pirate tour is probally a good one if you are booking through the cruise line. Going to the straw market can be an adventure and do not let the appearance of Nassau turn you off. I have been there over 40 times and it is an experence. The people have always been very nice and polite. I just like walking down the main drag and look in the shops. In Key West once again Cruising Nole has great ideas for visiting. I love eating at Margaritaville also. If you are in port as the sun sets in the west the festival is great to attend. And Coco Cay is just relaxing and as beautiful as can be. If you are not into swimming and beach fun then the ship will have some great events on it at the same time and its usually by the pool. Get yourself a couple of you favorite drinks and relax and watch the events. It's usually something very fun. My advise is to relax and the fun will be there as much as you want.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread