Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Advice please on ocho rios excursions (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/1105-advice-please-ocho-rios-excursions.html)

jmsettles 01-15-2005 01:01 PM

I am traveling with my 18 yr. old son and a few of his friends who are interested in going on the Bob Marley excursion...and I am wanting to do the dunns river falls excursion.
Does anyone know of a way to do these both with all of us together?? From what I have read and researched on Jamaica, I am not wanting this group of 18 yr.old boys to be on their own in Jamaica. I have searched the excursions listed to purchase on the Royal Caribbean website, and I am not seeing anything to combine both of our interests of excursions while there in Ocho Rios.
Any suggestions???
And....has anyone done this Bob Marley excursion to give me any feedback on?
Thanks much!
Joni

jmsettles 01-15-2005 01:01 PM

I am traveling with my 18 yr. old son and a few of his friends who are interested in going on the Bob Marley excursion...and I am wanting to do the dunns river falls excursion.
Does anyone know of a way to do these both with all of us together?? From what I have read and researched on Jamaica, I am not wanting this group of 18 yr.old boys to be on their own in Jamaica. I have searched the excursions listed to purchase on the Royal Caribbean website, and I am not seeing anything to combine both of our interests of excursions while there in Ocho Rios.
Any suggestions???
And....has anyone done this Bob Marley excursion to give me any feedback on?
Thanks much!
Joni

NancyN 01-16-2005 08:07 AM

Joni,
I'm not sure there would be a way to combine these two excursions. The Bob Marley trip will take at least 5 hours and I don't think you will be in port long enough to plan for both. I haven't done the Marley tour personally, but have friends who have and they raved about it. However, they were huge Bob Marley fans. On the other hand, I think everyone should experience Dunn's River Falls at least once in their lifetime. For what it's worth - JMHO.
Nancy

geotina 02-15-2005 04:40 AM

I agree with Nancy, I have done the Dunn's River Falls trip and it was worth it. Have not gone on the Bob Marley experience but we were staying in Montego Bay and it seemed the Bob Marley place was nearer to Montego Bay than to Ocho Rios. I also agree that its probably best not to leave 18 yr olds unsupervised in Jamaica. Everyone will try to sell them dope! Loved Dunn's River!
Have fun.

Oggy Boy 02-19-2005 06:12 PM

Ditto. I think I would keep the grouhp of boys within eyesight while in Ocho. While it is perfectly safe there, you never know, all it would take is just on unsavory character to ruin the cruise for them.

Tom