Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 02:22 PM

My 14 yr old son and I are going on a Western Caribbean cruise for the first time in October: Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. All my son talks about is going snorkeling. If you had to pick 1 snorkeling excursion, which would it be? I'm totally confused!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Hello Zippy,
My husbany and I are taking our first cruise on Sept.25. We are going to the western caribbean. I have invested alot of time on this and other sites trying to decide wich excursions were the must sees. The overwhelming response has been Sting Ray city in Grand Caymans. We booked through Captain Bryan. I think we paid aprox $39 for a half day snorkeling with the stingrays excursion.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:45 PM

I was in Cozumel last month and we just walked off the pier and took a taxi to Chankanaab Park (4 bucks for the taxi and 12 for the entrance fee). We had a blast there- I was with four boys, one of whom is 13 and one who is 15... It is a really easy place and the snorkeling was great- however, it is not the reef or anything that would completely knock your socks off. We just wanted to do something mellow in between two other ports where we were doing pretty gung ho excursions.

Let me know what it is you are looking for and I can help you out a little better.

Snorkeling IS a total blast. You will not regret doing it.

I was in Cayman in April and everyone on the ship raved about Stingray City.

Let me know what ship you are on!

Carla
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 AM

Thank you so much! Stingray City in Cayman seems to be the overwhelming majority. I'm checking into Capt Marvins today. The Chankanaab Park sounds good to me for the Cozumel stop. I don't want to do anything too stressful. This trip is all about relaxation and fun. We are going on the Conquest. Any pointers for Jamaica? Some others in my group want to do the horseback ride. I've just heard so many conflicting stories about Jamaica, I'm not sure if I want to get off the boat!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:25 PM

Hello Zippy,
Boy, isn't it exciting cruising for the first time. We are going to Jamaica and I had initially wanted to go horse riding. I made a post on this board asking for suggestions. I was advised not to go unless you are an experienced rider. There were some other comments as far as availability of medical attention if there were an accident. I do not remember word for word what was said, however it was enough to sway mty opinion. My hubby and I are now doing Dunns River falls along with some heavy shopping.
Chase
Old 09-09-2005, 07:40 PM

Chankanaab is WAYYY easy. It really is. You just get off the boat, walk to the end of the pier, get a taxi and you are off. Check out my Elation review- I would send you the link but it won't load for some reason- it is the most recent Elation review. Just scroll down and read the Cozumel part- if you have any more questions, ask away.

Carla
Old 09-12-2005, 10:23 AM

they have this excursion through the ship...only for 3 hours...should I book it through them, or on my own at dolphindiscovery?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:33 PM

Zippy,
I would recommend booking through Princess.When you book through them taxi is included.Check out the pics i sent you. Your son will have an awesome time,I know I know I did.
In jamaica husband and I did the ATV adventure.It was a blast.Have a good cruise.

Southern Caribbean on the Golden Princess
Crown PCrown Princess 07-20-2006
Old 09-12-2005, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zippy:
they have this excursion through the ship...only for 3 hours...should I book it through them, or on my own at dolphindiscovery?
Which excursion do you mean- Chankanaab or Stingray City?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:08 AM

swimming with the dolphins at the park is offered through the ship, but it is only a 3 hour excursion...I went ahead and booked direct with dolphindiscovery so we could spend the day at the park. I really appreciate all of your input...this site has helped me tremendously by reading other conversations. Have a good day!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, excursion, excursions, favorite, powered, princess, review, reviews, riding, taxis, vbulletin, west, western