Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Is there anything to do in St. Lucia? I was thinking of not booking an excursion and just wondering around. Will I be bored? Is there shopping and restaurants near the port?
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM

Perhaps this website will help you decide. Here.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM

St. Lucia is an awesome island. The last time we were there we went to Pigeon Island, great place. The other times we have taken snorkeling trips, my favorite was to the pitons. The locals are great. There is a shopping terminal at the port, but I'd highly recommend checking out the island in some manor.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 AM

St. Lucia is a wonderful departure from standard Caribbean life. The city of Castries offers an abundance of activity and culture. Take a day cruise around the Pitons and enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You can drive into one of the worlds only open calderas. (don't miss the strange breed of goats that seem to live unfazed on the steaming sulfur pits at the bottom of the gorge) You can buy a day pass at any of the Sandals resorts to enjoy their all-inclusive facilities. If you are the least bit timid about international driving, I would not recommend renting a vehicle. The roads are not for the meek of heart. Named after the Pitons that are much famed on the island, make sure to try some Piton beer. It is a delicious refreshment that has limited availability anywhere but in the Caribbean. (It is not very cost effective to have shipped to Alabama... mucho expensive) Enjoy St. Lucia. It is truly a gem among gems.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Deep Sea fishing is another excursion to think about.....but the island is beautiful and many ship sponsored excursions...Have a Great Time...

Bob E
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM

If you like to hike, these folks are teriffic! We did the deepest rainforest hike they had, and got a tour of the island as well and a visit to a rum factory..A+ all the way.

http://www.jungletoursstlucia.com/index.htm
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Well if you are looking for a big mall there is something like that in front of the ship,
but I have been there two times and there are a few recomendations:
1. Buy bannana ketchup, nice product
2. there is a tour that goes to their chocolate factory is a good choice and at the end you can buy cacao in the original form to make hot chocolate when you get back home.
3. Also there are a few tours that goes to the volcanic part of the island that I will recommend

my advise book a tour this is an interesting island...

Closed Thread

Tags
alabama, barbados, caribbean, castries, cruise, dubai, lucia, lycia, miss, port, review, reviews, st, tortola, tours