Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Coco Cay is one of the stops on our cruise in May. From reading over the information here, it seems this would be the best place for our "lounging and being lazy on the beach" day. (And possibly some snorkeling unless someone things somewhere else would be better for that.)
What do you ya'll think? And when the tender docks, should we go right or left on the beach?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

The only thing you can do at Coco Cay is lounge on the beach. It is about 100 acres more or less of sand. They do have some bars set up, the barbecue lunch dining area, and roving bartenders selling Coco Locos (rum drinks in souvenir cups). Nothing quite like an icy Coco Loco on a hot day.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Coco Cay is their private island. The beach is it. It will be staffed by the crew. You'll see the beach when you step off of the tender. Actually, you'll see the beach on the way into the dock.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Our resident RCI expert Sonny has some photos of a recent stop he made at Coco Cay. Click Here and starting with photo #50 go forward and he has posted lots of Coco Cay photos.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM

Thank ya'll so much!! That day was kinda going to be our beach day because it didn't look like there was much else to do there. Thanks for confirming that day for me! (one down, 2 to go!)

Anyone ever been to Atlantis? I was told to see that in Nassau.

And I was thinking the other two days, Nassua, and Key West, we should spend the morning at the beach, and then the second half of the day eat somewhere local, sight see, and shop. Ya'll think that's possible/good idea?

I'm headed to check out the pics you recommended...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-31-2007, 01:38 PM

Hi , I am going to be @ Coco Cay on Sunday, Dec. 30. with my family. Do you know if the beach you went to rented Scuba gear for shore diving . Also, what is the beach called or is there only one beach on Coco Cay?
THANKS
BFrench
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Coco Cay is a private island owned by RCI, so it is really one beach although they have names for areas of it. Bear in mind this is a little sand spit of an island, around 114 acres of sand and scrub brush.

For Coco Cay you have to use one of RCI's tours. They have two diving tours. One using their gear, and one using your own gear .
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM

I was wanting to have Coco Cay as one of our stops but to get it we would have had to taken a ship that we didn't really want. I'm suprised that they don't include it in more cruises. I have been to Labadee once and wanted to see CC, but to get everything else we want, were going to have to go back to Labadee. Oh well, were still cruising!

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM

My husband and boys went kayaking at Coco Cay and had a good time. They went to the back side of the island and saw some dolphins in the distance. We also rented snorkel stuff and I saw a sting ray and lots of fish in their sunken "plane" and "ship" It is a long swim out though and we got very tired and sunburned. Once I got all the way out there I was resting on the platform and met a guy from my town. Weird to go all the way there and be with people from home. I also had one of my students on board.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 11-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Oh, they also have this Nature Walk. My son and I went to explore and It was quite long . It went out to a lonely white beach- gorgous. We saw about 30 big iguanas about 10 different types of little lizards on every tree, and a peacock.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
adults, area, beach, cay, coco, cocoa, cococay, excursions, images, map, place, plane, sunken, swim, things