Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Colton's dad:
Thanks for report, we depart on Miracle Dec 4th, hoped to take the 3 kids to Chunkanub, but will not be open, Loved it in Feb.. Just glad to be able to get off and see it, Gramma (not gamma) was hoping to shop alittle there. ? which has best off shore basic snorkling to satisfy kids, Paradise or Playa palancar?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:29 PM

Colton's Dad: Thi s is quite a coincedence tha i am from Hamilton and am going to Orillia to Rama. Only you an this web site knows what I'm talking about when I say Rama. My husband and i will also be going on the Miracle. Aug. 6th/06.
Just noticed this.
Jackie from Hamilton, Ont. Canada
Old 02-08-2006, 04:36 PM

Does anybody know if Chunkanub Park is open??
Old 02-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Does anybody know if Chunkanub Park has reopened??
Old 02-15-2006, 02:01 PM

The Park has not reopened. We were on Cozumel in January 2006 and my son was there last week. We both thoroughly enjoyed our visit - the best of four we have had on Coz.One secret is to get off the waterfront and explore the entire island. There are so many beautiful spots on Cozumel. We recommend CozumelTours.com for a personalized tour in a modern A/C vehicle. Cozumel has much to offer!
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008
Old 02-20-2006, 02:18 PM

Chankanaab Park will re-open in April. They have cleaned up the lagoon already. You can see a story and photo here... www.wilmacozumel.com

Ian
Old 02-20-2006, 06:59 PM

Hi Tom!

Really great information you provided, I live here, lived through Wilma and stay here...it is all true.

Cozumel is back, not 100% normal yet but we all do everything to recover and offer again a beautiful island in the Mexican Caribbean. And yes, on this opportunity, gold medal to the Mexican Government, authorities and the people living on Cozumel, ..Wilma was strong but Cozumel is stronger, enjoy the island, even more beautiful, step by step and we take all the steps that are needed!!!

Any questions, I am open to answer.

Welcome to Cozumel!

Your CozumelWaterSports Team
Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 AM

We are headed to Cozumel next week. Have you heard about whether or not Nachi Cocom is open now? We would like to go somewhere for the day that includes a beach, a pool and open bar but is not the favorite stopping point for the "party cruisers". If Nachi Cocom isn't open, do you have any other suggestions??
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 AM

Nachi Cocom was closed by the authorities for alleged environmental damage before the hurricane and it remains closed now. There have been rumours that it will reopen, but nothing confirmed yet. I suggest Paradise Beach as an alternative which is in great shape. If there ae a lot of ships in then it gets fairly busy, but you can usually find some chairs at the end of the beach away from the crowd. See www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net for more.... they also have a catamaran snorkel tour running daily now...

Ian

www.wilmacozumel.com

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, coast, cozumel, cozumels, downtown, duty, free, hours, infrastructure, maya, ogg, pharmacies, puerta, review, shopping, side, south, tom, visiting, west