Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 AM

Hey, Raffles...relax, you are among friends. I think the only objection to your post is that you offer nothing positive. You have had some good comments before and I think someone is just looking for a little useful information.

The dolphin swim is pretty cool but I agree paying to have them swim around you sounds kind of dull. I have seen travel channel stuff where they actuall propel you through the water. Heck, I would propell you through the water for fresh fish!

I am assuming that part of Port Arthur doesn't suck?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:52 AM

Hello! I did the dolphin swim in Tortola and LOVED IT!!! We got to feed, pet and ride the dolphins, it was well worth the money! If I knew how to attach a picture on here I would, but I don't know how! But I highly recommend it!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Thanks everyone for both the good and the bad. I just have questions and I tried searching but usually found stuff from diffrent areas not in Tortola I was told diffrent areas have better experiences then others. This is more for my girl then me.. I have swam with dolphins in the wild while surfing and THATS and awsome experience.. no fish needed I just want to make it well worth it for her. Avenger thank you for actually doing the experience in tortola. I noticed one was an encouter and it specifically stated about a platform then noticed the "swim" one. Glad to know your actually in the water with them.

Chef sorry if this has been covered alot before but like I siad I never noticed a thread about tortola specifically.

Raffles sorry about the "big help" line. A little elaboration would have been better then just saying its dumb.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:21 AM

I'm glad I could help!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

Chef Ken: I've never been to Port Arthur, so I don't know if it really sucks or not. Janis Joplin grew up there and thought it did.

Do the names Dennis Maruk and Gilles Meloche mean anyhting to you?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':

Do the names Dennis Maruk and Gilles Meloche mean anyhting to you?
No self respecting hockey fan in Minnesota would ever forget those names. Maruk could really tear up the ice.

Our former North Star goalie from that era recently died, Gump Worsley. He didn't wear a mask. His face was like a pumpkin that sat around way to long from Halloween. Soft as mush.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Now there's an image I'm going to try to erase as quickly as possible.

Boy, you guys are setting a wicked pace tonight!
I can barely keep up.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

I enjoyed watching Maruk in his rookie year in Oakland, CA and was heartbroken when the Seals became the Cleveland Barons and then disbanded. Meloche was a class act on a horrible team (in Oakland and Cleveland) which of course, has nothing to do with this thread.

I'm looking forward to snorkeling in St. Thomas, as does half the world. I snorkeled in Hanamu Bay, HI this past summer and noticed the water has grown considerably less clear over the years due in part to all the tourists, like me, and their sun block mixing with the water. Has there been similar clouding in the Caribbean?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 AM

Keeping pace? You are twice the poster I am, nearly 800.

That is a good one about the sun block. I am going to color Lake Superior green for ST. Pats day with 1 cubic yard of green dye.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 AM

How can you have this discussion and not mention Bobby Smith? And has anyone felt that proprietory fan-ship for the Wild that the old 'Stars engendered? (Sorry lost my head here--must be because I will be snorkeling in St. Thomas (St. John, actually) in 7 short days).
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, bay, diving, dolphin, gorda, john, rci, review, scube, snorkeling, st, swim, thomas, tortola, trunk