Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Banned

And what about Lou Nanne & Al MacAdam?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 AM

The dolphin swim is one of the most awesome experiences I have ever encountered. They are magnificent creatures and interacting with them is truly amazing. Book the swim and not the encounter as previously mentioned. The diving in St. Thomas is really good as well. Trunk Bay is my favorite snorkel spot, but there are some great dive spots off of Buck Island. Tortola is a beautiful island, if you have time ask one of the local cab drivers to take you on a tour of the island. We had one that took us to a restaurant that looked out over where the Atlantic and the Caribbean came together. It was amazing, it honestly looked like a line drawn in the water. Then he took us to a beach on the northwest side of the island, beers were $1.00. He also showed us the bar where Jimmy Buffet wrote Cheeseburger in Paradise. He charged us $20 and we spent about 3 hours touring. We did the swim with the dolphins in Cozumel, but I'm sure it will be just as nice in Tortola. We did some great catamaran sail/snorkels there. Both of them were off of Norman Island. The water was very clear. One of them we snorkeled through a cave as well then went to the bar on Norman's Island. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM

Well if you must. When I was 10 I got a min-hockey stick autographed by JP Parise when he played for the Boston farm team, the Mpls. Bruins.

I have not yet gotten over the North Stars departure. I am a closet Wild fan. By the way, snow is melting!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 AM

...and Bill Goldsworthy. Lou was a better skater than he is announcer. He does all the local stuff on TV with regards to Hockey. College and HS.
Go Gophers!

Penny, thanks for bringing us back, hmmmm dolphins!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned

Sharks 3
Wild 0

Is there an excursion where you swim with wild sharks?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Thanks for bringing that up.

Shark Adventure Excursion, Mona Passage between Hispaņola and Puerto Rico. No return trip required.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

I understand the Clowe and Michalek species are a little more aggressive than the Demitra and Gaborik species.

No return trip is necessary on the Shark Excursion? Is that like the excursion to the Bermuda Triangle?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:45 PM

It would seem so. They need a fire lit under their backsides.

Ever heard of Twisted Oak vineyards? I think it is in your general area. I read recently about there white Rhone, which might pair well with salmon? I was wondering if they had the kind of reds that you and I prefer, berry overtones, oaky and crisp.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Twisted Oak is about 2 1/2 hours south of me. I have heard of them by reputation only; have not tried their wines. They have mostly lighter reds like Portuguese Tempranillo, Grenache, and Syrah, but also have a reputedly pretty good Petit Syrah. They also have a hearty blend which is largely Cabernet and Tempranillo.

What they are, though,is irreverent (which to me, is a good thing). Although I have my likes and dislikes in wines, I abhor the pompousness and arrogance of the Napa Valley. Wine is supposed to be pleasing to the senses AND fun. Like our winemaker says, wines should not be discussed at length, but rather, enjoyed.

Twisted Oak has fun, and in a sense, thumbs their collective nose at the Napa wineries. They make fun of the establishment, and clearly, they have fun. I would imagine they have a web site...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Just went to their website...based upon the nature of their website, I'll be purchasing a couple of bottles. I'll let you know what I think (not that what I think really matters).

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, bay, diving, dolphin, gorda, john, rci, review, scube, snorkeling, st, swim, thomas, tortola, trunk