Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 08:05 PM

I agree, looks like they don't bow and courtsey in that predictable way. Here is the link for anyone else who finds Tortola and St. Thomas interesting.

http://www.twistedoakwinery.com/
Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

I have ordered a bottle each of The Spaniard and Murgatroyd; if we like them, they might be present on our 4/1 Eastern Caribbean cruise.

f-mattox: here is a place where Twisted Oak is sold in your neck of the woods: Hi Time Liquor, Costa Mesa
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 AM

I am not fruity, but I can be dry and crisp and I'm a great accompaniment to dinner. Aged, somewhat mature. However I would not want to be confiscated and held to the end of the cruise.

I found some stores here where I can purchase some of these wines and I shall.

There is a vineyard here (no really) where the motto is, "where the grapes can suffer". They make some very decent wines. With some help from the U of M they developed a hearty vine that will withstand -35.
http://www.abvwines.com/
Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 AM

St.Thomas, I say get a feel for the island and go to Magen's or take the ferry over to St.John for some really awesome beaches and snorkeling.

Penny's reccomendation for Tortola I would second for an island tour, or get adventurous and hop over to Virgin Gorda and do the Baths.

You can't really go wrong, especially since you will be hooked and most likely come back to do something different
Old 03-09-2007, 03:24 AM

Thanks for all the info guys and gals. I cant wait.

Took a few minutes to sift through the hockey talk and winery's but I finally figured it all out.

Thanks again folks. I will update everyone when we return.

Oh BTW if you want to experience diving with sharks.. Walkers Cay, Bahamas. They have a shark feeding dive called the shark rodeo. Yes you are in the water unprotected over a 30 foot reef. They chum the water while your in and close to 100 sharks (black tip, carribean reef, bull) show up all around you. From what we are told because they do this 3 times a day in the same spot the sharks are more interested in the fresh fish then the people. I did this and can say its amazing that a 200lb beast will bump you out of the way to get at a fish scrap. Some brave folks (yes me included) took chunks of tuna in our hands (with guided supervision) and hand fed some of the smaller guys.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Banned

RE: 200lb beasts that will bump you out of the way to get at a fish scrap.

I experienced the same type of behavior at the Windjammer, except the weight range has been anywhere from 98 poinds to 350 pounds. Some were the blue hair species, the mullet species, and the juvenile members of almost all the species!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

You know, Jude, sometimes you gotta just speak your mind; sorry for the diversion, and I'm glad you were able to sift through the menutia and get some benefit from the posts...it kind of reminds me of my college days when I'd fill that 'ol blue book with 90% filler and 10% substance.

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, bay, diving, dolphin, gorda, john, rci, review, scube, snorkeling, st, swim, thomas, tortola, trunk