Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 07:57 AM

will be in San Juan from 3pm to 10pm, any ideas on what to do so late in the day. Rbum
Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 AM

A tour of Old San Juan, the Bioluminesence Tour or the Bacardi Factory tour are some suggestions. Have a great time!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:37 AM
On my last cruise one of my table mates at dinner did the bioluminescence tour and said it was worth doing.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-25-2008, 09:57 AM

We were there same time on our Miracle cruise last year. Old San Juan is very close to cruise pier, lots of shops, Senior Frogs, resteraunts. There were six of us, 3 kids (teens), mother-in-law, me and hubby. Outside the pier there were tons of small tour buses/vans/taxis etc., (seat about 20 - 30 people) They all want your attention, and while we were skeptical at first, for $10 pp one of the drivers took us on a tour of differnt parts of the island, old fort, the parliment building, beach area, rich area, poor area etc. It was really, really good and well worth it and about 2 hours. After that, we got dropped off in old San Juan (you could go straight back to pier), walked around went to some shops and of course, we went to Senior Frogs. We had alot of fun, hope you do too!

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM

I've said it before, I'll say it again - the bioluminescent kayak tour is fantastic! Completely unique, and absolutely worth it.

The drive to get there is a bit long, but the bay itself is so amazing that it is worth the wait.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by I love cruising!:
We were there same time on our Miracle cruise last year. Old San Juan is very close to cruise pier, lots of shops, Senior Frogs, resteraunts. There were six of us, 3 kids (teens), mother-in-law, me and hubby. Outside the pier there were tons of small tour buses/vans/taxis etc., (seat about 20 - 30 people) They all want your attention, and while we were skeptical at first, for $10 pp one of the drivers took us on a tour of differnt parts of the island, old fort, the parliment building, beach area, rich area, poor area etc. It was really, really good and well worth it and about 2 hours. After that, we got dropped off in old San Juan (you could go straight back to pier), walked around went to some shops and of course, we went to Senior Frogs. We had alot of fun, hope you do too!
Be aware there are actually two piers in San Juan. The Old San Juan pier is very convenient. Panamerica pier is not so convenient, about a 15-20 minute cab ride from pier to Old San Juan. AOS goes out of Panamerica.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
ok here are a few recomendations on one of my past post:

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4361096441/m/...241041233#8241041233
Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM

My family asked me to put my 2-cents worth about El Mesons. We were very disappointed. The food wasn't that great, and it was very dirty. We love trying new and local places when we travel, but I really would not recommend El Meson.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 AM
^^^^^^
I can give you that
but just to clarify for cruise chat members
"El meson" is not a restaurant, is a fast food place something like McDonalds...
also if its dirty depends on which one you ate and the hour, but yes some times is that way.
You want to try "real" puertorican food is way better to try a few of the good restaurants on old San Juan
Old 02-10-2008, 08:10 AM
El Morro Fort is a very nice place to walk around....I don't know what the hours are though...3 PM is late.....and if you aren't at the right pier, it's a long ways away...it's in walking distance if you are in the Old San Juan area....Have a Great Cruise....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
3pm, carnival, carribbean, cruise, cruse, docks, excursion, excursions, excurstions, juan, juian, miracle, post, reviews, royal, san, ship