Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 PM

Hi Everybody!
My family recently planned a trip to Carribean on the Millenium. We are a large group of 8, ranging in age from 13-60, so we do not want to join the ship excursions because it will cost us a lot of money. Is there any suggested excursions that we can go alone for the following 4 stops? I am just so frazzled cause I am the only person in charge of planning the whole trip. Thank you for all your help!

1)Casa De Campo, Dominican Rep
2)San Juan, Puerto Rico
3)Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
4)Nassau, Bahamas
Old 11-04-2006, 05:16 AM

I don't see that anyone responded to your post. My wife and I took that same voyage on the Millennium. If you like the beach, Catalina Island is nice in Casa de Campo, DR. In San Juan, (my former home) Walking through Old San Juan can be a great experience, viewing the Fort of El Morro, walking the narrow streets, shopping etc. I would suggest going to El Yunque, the rainforest. It's about a 30 minute drive from the airport.

Then in St. Thomas, Megan's Bay Beach is nice and you can get there very inexpensively.

In Nassau, the straw market is the best attraction that I know of. Seeing the Atlantis hotel is interesting because they have an "under-water" world in their downstairs lobby. But it really isn't a destination.

I don't know if that helps at all. The ship is great and has much to offer. The mineral pool is awesome, the shows are excellent. Sail away events are fun and food is plentiful.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:44 PM

Hi Chef Ken,
Thanks for the info. Sorry, took me so long to reply been busy with finals. What is the recommended transportation to get around the islands?
Thanks
Erica
Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 AM

Erica,

No problem. Taxis are usually fine unless you hook up with a tour or something. I would google to find current information on fares ahead of time so you know not to get taken by a cab driver smelling opportunity!

When do you go?

Ken
Old 12-01-2006, 09:19 PM

Hi Ken,
Thanks for all the advice. Do you know anything about the Cuevillas Marvillas, the caverns in Dominican Republic? I can barely find any information on the internet. If there is is not enough information than we are going to probably join the Cruise's tour, but it costs 36 USD per person. I have the following days planned as followed.

Tuesday 01/02/07
Port: Caso de Campo, Dominican Republic – 1 pm to 8 pm
Itinerary not planned yet.

Wed. 01/03/07
Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico – 10 am to 8 pm
Itinerary not planned yet.

Thursday 01/04/07
Port: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas – 7 am to 5:30 pm
7:00 am Disembark ship.
Take ferry to Trunk Bay. At trunk bay we will snorkel and eat lunch.
Afternoon around 12 pm take Ferry back to Charlotte Amalie. Shop and walk around. 4:30 pm board ship.

Saturday 01/06/06
Port: Nassau, Bahamas – 12 pm to 5:30 pm
Wake up call 10:30 am. 11:00-11:45 am Brunch. 12:00 pm Disembark Ship.
Walking tour of Downtown Bahamas. First start at Rawson Square, walk past the Parliament and Library. We will be visiting Queen’s Staircase, Fort Fincastle, & the Water Tower. After walk back to port and shop around in the straw market.

Thank you so very much for all your helpful advice.

Erica
Old 12-02-2006, 03:38 AM

Hi again,
I was wondering have you ever heard of the tour company: Legends of Puerto Rico. It sounds really good, but I just wanted to make sure it's legit. Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
dominican, rep