Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 04:41 AM

We went a few years ago with our children. We loved it! It isn't a big place but it was intersting for about an hour. We arrived at the port via a cruise ship, walked into town and took the bus there. It was very inexpensive. After our visit to the Turtle Farm we took the bus to Seven Mile Beach, we enjoyed the remainder of our day there and then took the bus back to the ship. I found the bus information on line through the Cayman tourist info. A safe and affordible way to get around the island.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:37 PM

We went in January after our trip to the Stingrays. I didn't particularly get too much from HELL, and the gift shop is expensive. I did enjoy the turtle farm and learning about what they are doing there. At least with them "supplying" turtles for local food, it keeps the free sea turtles somewhat safe. The gift shop wasn't too bad and they do have a pair of sandals that are some of the most comfortable I've worn. Our tour made a short stop at the Tortuga outlet place and most everyone commented that the cakes were actually cheaper on the ship.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Administrator

You can get the cakes even cheaper through various internet stores (Amazon, for one) and then you don't have to lug them home from the cruise.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:48 PM

MMMMMM...rum cake. I hope I get to sample some of this!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
The turtle farm was worthwhile. I have a few pictures on my website Here

The turtle farm has a website with live webcams at www.turtle.ky

I have tried turtle meat years ago, not too bad. Can't say it tastes like chicken though
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-10-2006, 06:24 PM

So we did end up going to the Turtle Farm! We had a jeep reserved for us when we got off the boat (which took way too long...stupid tendering-very unorganized). But anyhoo, back to the Turtle Farm. We found our way right to it with the map we got with the car, and it was $12 to get in, and I thought it was very cool! We got to see all the huge *** older turtles swimming around, and then we walked by some of the smaller tanks that had the younger turtles in them, and my boyfriend and I each got to hold a turtle! It was fun! It was flapping around like crazy! It wasn't a HUGE place, but for what it was, I thought it was definitely worth it. We went to Hell right after, and umm. Yeah. It wasn't very exciting. It was ok, and definitely a tourist trap, but I got some good pictures and had fun anyways. We liked the sign that said "please do not steal hell rock ~signed the Devil"
Old 05-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Well, georgi, I am glad you enjoyed it. But the big question is would you want to go back to the turtle farm?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:35 AM

Actually, yes, I would. They are so cute!!! I'd want to see the little teeny tiny turtles next time!

Closed Thread

Tags
alabama, aruba, bus, cayman, caymans, farm, farming, farms, grand, hell, menu, review, reviews, turtle, turtles