Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 06:50 AM

Hello cruisers, I have booked my first cruise ever and im eagerly counting down the days for my trip to begin. Its a five day cruise going to progreso and cozume on carnival. My question is about cozumel. Does anybody know how far the Hard Rock Cafe is from the pier (ie walking distance, taxi, whatever information you may have) and the second question would be if anybody knows of a good reputable cigar shop where someone may indulge in cigars not readily available in the u.s. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Me and my friends are extremely excited about this trip!!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blacfly:
Hello cruisers, I have booked my first cruise ever and im eagerly counting down the days for my trip to begin. Its a five day cruise going to progreso and cozume on carnival. My question is about cozumel. Does anybody know how far the Hard Rock Cafe is from the pier (ie walking distance, taxi, whatever information you may have) and the second question would be if anybody knows of a good reputable cigar shop where someone may indulge in cigars not readily available in the u.s. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Me and my friends are extremely excited about this trip!!
I loved Cozumel but had some folks who knew the area well to show me around. But if I remember correctly they took a taxi to Hard Rock but there was a Cigar Shop, and yes Cuban Cigars were for sale, that not only sold but had a smoking area and a bar with lounge chairs and the works, It was the second floor and in easy walking distance. We were there at 11Pm with Ship leaving at midnight and had no trouble getting back to the ship in ample time. I will try to find the address for you. When is your cruise?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Depends on which pier you dock at. Carnival seems to dock at two different piers. At Punta Lungasta (Spelling?) there is a hard rock store right there at the end of the pier. The resturant is further down the street, but still doable on a walk. The TAXIs are not that expensive, but I would ask someone at the the pier where it is at if you don't see it from the pier. That way you can judge if you want to walk or not. The taxi driver would be more than happy to drive you a couple of blocks and charge you $5...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-02-2007, 01:51 PM

There are still 87 days before my cruise but im counting down the days!! thanks for the information! any information is helpful. I've been searching the net for as much as i can find!! thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 08:28 AM

You will need to take a taxi from where the pier used to be. If you tell the taxi driver to take you to the main square you can shop a bit, and then walk down a short way to Hard Rock. If you get there early you are in for a treat, the bartenders have tubs of limes and squeeze them fresh for the days margaritas
Old 03-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blacfly:
There are still 87 days before my cruise but im counting down the days!! thanks for the information! any information is helpful. I've been searching the net for as much as i can find!! thanks
Blacfly, I heard from my daughter about Cozumel. She had this to say.
"Hmm, let's see the cigar shop in cozumel is called the Havana Club. It is still a good place I believe but there is new ownership as of late so not sure about all the food there any more."

However as I recall there were very many cigar shops.

I can't help but think that your user name is a reference to black flys which I associate with the NorthEast. They are either small enough to fit through the screens or big enough to open the doors for themselves. Are you from around here?

Closed Thread

Tags
cafe, cigars, close, cozume, cozumel, crise, cruise, cuban, hard, pier, port, powered, progreso, questions, rock, ship, vbulletin