Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2003, 07:21 AM

We have booked a tour with Godfrey Tours in St. Thomas on May 5th. We have our choice of going to either Coki Beach, Megans Bay, or Sapphire Beach. Which beach is the best for beginning snorkling and swimming?

Thanks for your help,

Mary Kay

Til we sail the Destiny
Old 04-30-2003, 07:21 AM

We have booked a tour with Godfrey Tours in St. Thomas on May 5th. We have our choice of going to either Coki Beach, Megans Bay, or Sapphire Beach. Which beach is the best for beginning snorkling and swimming?

Thanks for your help,

Mary Kay

Til we sail the Destiny
Old 04-30-2003, 09:44 AM

hmmm tough choice...

I've been in St Thomas 3 times..done them all..but I would say Morgans Bay was my favorite
all of them are great spots for a beginner
Old 05-01-2003, 03:56 PM

Okay - Here's my biased opinion: Although Megan's Bay is nice, I think it is highly overrated and not nearly as beautiful as it once was; The best snorkeling would be at Coki Beach, but the best swimming would definitely be at Sapphire Beach; If I had to choose one - it would be Sapphire Beach - the snorkeling is basic, but good, the beach is beautiful, and they have a great restaurant/bar on the beach and water sports rentals.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-05-2003, 12:01 PM

If you are a snorkeler I would definately recommend you sign up for the Doubloon Sail and Snorkel trip. They take you to Turtle Cove, beautiful trip out and back. Bert and crew are the best. Tammy feeds the turtles and will dive to bring up specimens for you to hold of sea urchins etc. Bevarages are served on the way home and the sails are unfurled WHAT A BEAUTIFUL trip. I am returning to St. Thomas again in February and I can promise you I will be back on the Doubloon. They are the greatest. Say hi from Deb in Colorado for me. You will still have time to go to the beach probably but you will be pleased if you take this trip. So cool and not a large crowd to deal with. Plenty of sunning on deck! Bon Voyage!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:19 PM

Just returned last week after a week on the Victory. Magen's Bay is a "pay-per-use" area at $3.00 per person! Lovely but expensive and crowded.

Find Grace (Taxi driver - black woman with red streaks in her hair red full size van in St. Thomas) and she'll recommend Saphire Bay hands down! She took us to Magen's Bay (grumbled the whole time about paying as they charge the taxi drivers to drop off ($l.00) and to stay and wait for their people ($5.00!!!)

Coki Beach has BEST snorkelling. Taxi Drivers will pick you up at pre-arranged times. They don't want you too miss the boat either. Grace took us on an impromtu tour of the island for the price of the cab fair! $6.00/ person is reasonable considering she is a fountain of info. Downtown Charlotte Amalie (pronounced Am Ollie) is a bore of nothing but jewellery stores and liquor stores. Nothing interesting. Hit the beaches.

The "See and Sea" tour of St. Maarten was terrific. Check out the prow of the ship for flying fish!

San Juan was awful. Dark, dingy, chains and padlocks. Won't go back there ever again.

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, beach, beaches, bonesusvi, caribbean, coki, cruise, excursions, morgans, port, reviews, royal, st, stthomas, thomas