Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 09:32 PM

I will be taking my first cruise and we will be in Cozumel on Cinco De Mayo. Does anyone know what the atmosphere will be like then? We are trying to decide whether to book an excursion or will the atmosphere be entertaining enough? We are looking for a party, fun time.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

the atmosphere in cozumel is allways fun and touristy. I have spanish friends who say that cinco is really no big deal, they dont make as much fuss about it as we do in our resturants in the usa...i was told that a national holiday in sept and the day of the dead celebrations are much more festive and flamboyant. bottom line don't expect a big deal for cinco de mayo
Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned

Wise2u is absolutely right. With all due respect for the meaning of Cinco de Mayo (especially in Mexico), Cinco de Mayo is exploited in this country as another opportunity to suck people in to spend money, eat food that is absolutely without authenticity, and drink wildly popular Mexican beer (is Corona really brewed in Mexico?).

Harrrummmph.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 AM

GC, I think the same.

wise2u, long time no see.

The Dos XX tasted pretty right though
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

hiya,
I got a new house so all the work moving and getting our old place ready to sell has shut me up..and made my first vacation this year a meager one...going to clearwater fla and renting a house with a boat and a pool for a week...but i can "cruise" the gulf to nearby anclote key. It's good to be "captain"

Yes corona is brewed in Mexico I drank it to death the first time I stayed at an all inclusive resort in cancun...that was untill i went to the local grocery store and found it was selling for 11 pesos a six pack ($1)....so the people paying $100 a day for all inclusive were drinking maybe $2 a day in coronas...i switched to barcardi drinks to try and get my moneys worth...someone must have told them that it sells for 6 times as much in the states because when we were in playa del carmen last sept. the few shops that did carry corona all wanted more than budwieser for it $2-3 bucks a bottle...makes me wish i could stomache dos xx...
I am still trying to find out the name and date of the national celebration they have in mid sept...anyone know what i'm talking about?

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, caribbean, carnival, celebrations, cinco, conzumel, cozemel, cozumel, cruise, cruises, de, maya, mayo, mexico, open, stores