Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Whether you do the jeep excursion or just rent a car, I highly suggest driving to the east side of the island. There's a bar called Coconuts that has the best fish tacos! If you bring along a t-shirt, they'll hang it from ceiling. Most of the shirts have home towns, states, colleges, etc. It was fun to look at them all.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-21-2007, 11:35 AM

Does the tour stop at that bar or will we have to do that on our own?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM

I'm not familiar with the tour. We rented a car ourselves and just drove to the other side of the island.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM

No bar that I can remember.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Christie, have you done this tour? If yes, what is your opinion?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-21-2007, 06:20 PM

I liked the tour, but different strokes for different folks. The dune buggy jeep was a really nice breeze in the hot sun and the snorkeling was good. Even though we were there during Hurricane Katrina, and the waters were rough which made it harder to maneuver, we still saw a lot of different species of fish.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:36 AM

I'm interested in either the jeep or dune buggy trip with snorkeling. I would love to see the east side of the island and I would also like to try snorkeling. Do you know if they will help unexperienced snorkelers on this excursion?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 AM

We did the ECO Jeep and Snorkel and it was GREAT!! They take you on a great off road tour and then a beautiful coral reef for snorkeling. BUT...thta was before Wilma. I don't know how much of the reef is left. Also this is a LONG walk and a LONG snorkeling trip. Not for the faint of heart.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:18 PM

Yes, they will help inexperienced snorkelers. We went in hurricane season and the waters were kind of rough. If you go during rough waters, I would suggest you take your own raft or your own life jacket. The life jackets they gave us were the yellow ones that you blow up and they didn't do a good job of keeping you above the water. The guides will also have a raft to help those that are having a hard time.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:13 PM

We just got back from our cruise, and did this excursion. We enjoyed it, because with only a few hours in Cozumel all the details were taken care of (no rental lines, figuring out where you are going and how to get there, etc). They give a short yet clear intro to snorkeling; water was calm so the inflatable life vest worked fine, even for the nervous 13 and 17 year olds. Lunch was on the beach and very good. For our first time in Cozumel it was great intro to the island.

Closed Thread

Tags
cozemel, cozumel, cruise, diy, excursion, give, jackets, jeep, jeeps, life, rent, review, snorkel, snorkeling, snorkels, tour