Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Has anyone done this tour that is offered by Carnival? Any info about this tour is appreciated!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

Wow, Jeeps that come with snorkels?! Sounds like fun to do an amphibious excursion.

Sorry, just kidding. I've done the Jeep trip and snorkeling, but not together. Sounds like a good way to go, especially if this is your first time. Otherwise, you can do it yourself for less $$.

Enjoy.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Alley, I'm with GC on this one. For the price of the excursion you're talking about, you can rent your own jeep, tour the island and snorkel for little or no cost. We always rent our own jeep. Cozumel takes a little over an hour to circle and it's virtually impossible to get lost. You can tour at your leisure and you're not under the time constraints of an excursion.
In my opinion, this excursion sounds like a bit of a rip-off. Have fun.
A'ndrea
Old 05-16-2007, 03:33 PM

So you just rent the jeep right at the pier? How will you know where to go & where you can snorkel?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Hi AllyGirl. Yes. Jeeps right at the pier. We found National was the cheapest. Inquire first. All of the reputable rental car agencies will give you maps... Alamo, Thrifty, etc. We pull out of the terminal, hang a right, and go approx. 10-15 minutes down the road. Can't miss the sign... Chankanaab National Park. The people at the rental agencies are very helpful. They will give you specific directions. Cozumel is safe. You will not encounter any problems. The locals are very friendly and willing to help. Have fun. Be adventurous.
A'ndrea
Old 05-16-2007, 04:34 PM

We were in a port (can't remember which) and a newlywed couple decided to venture out on their own & were followed & robbed. It was a relativley safe port too.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-16-2007, 04:42 PM

I have done this excursion before. I will say that the jeep ride was not really needed. It is something that you can do on your own. However, you do have to do this at your own risk. The snorkeling was a little rough when we went because it was during the time of Hurricane Katrina. Hopefully, the waters will be calmer when you go. The marine life was nice. We saw a lot. Afterwards, they feed you authentic Mexican food.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned

I'm sure trouble can follow you in any port. I am only speaking from my experiences with visiting Cozumel over the past 20 years.

Sure, if you venture out of town, unsure of your whereabouts, and end up in a seedy area, anything is bound to happen. I have only encountered Cozumel residents to be friendly, helpful and always smiling.

I didn't feel this way in Jamaica. Very uneasy and uncomfortable. If it makes you feel better, by all means, stay with an organized excursion. Nothing is worse than vacationing and not feeling at ease.

Enjoy yourself.
A'ndrea
Old 05-16-2007, 04:55 PM

We've been on so many cruises that it's hard to remember when & where things happened & what we did while we were there! However, when we were in the Bahamas there was a time when all the jewelry came off & went into hiding. Just didn't feel right. We'll probably stay with the excursion just to be on the safe side. That way if the jeep breaks down for any reason or has a flat we won't be stranded without help.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

I'm totally with you on the Bahamas. Another place I've seen and done. No need to go back, unless I was going directly to Atlantis.
A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
cozemel, cozumel, cruise, diy, excursion, give, jackets, jeep, jeeps, life, rent, review, snorkel, snorkeling, snorkels, tour