Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 07:52 AM

I have never Cruised in Caribbean before, but I've heard that Carbibbean is the best choice upon January/February because it's a hot temperature at that time, when it's actually Winter here in Norway. Is it that hot in Caribbean in February?
Do anybody know the temperature in that time in Caribbean of the year?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 AM

Mid 80s during the day, upper 70s at night. I think Colorado would probably be warmer in February than Norway Also, the further south in the Caribbean you go, the warmer. Some islands will be in the upper 80s. The water should be between 80-82F. Best wishes!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 AM

I was in San Juan last February 26th and I got up to 91 degrees.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
I was in San Juan last February 26th and I got up to 91 degrees.
OK, but what was the ambient temperature?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:37 AM

Can anybody tell the temperature in Celcius, please?
Old 09-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Yes it's hot enough in Feb. in the Caribbean. No we can't tell you what degree it would be in Celcius, perhaps you could find someone in your own county to tell you the difference between Celcius and Ferinehiet... I know you'll find it warm however. Imagine you're perfect day in paradise, that's what it will be in the Caribbean in February. January in the northern Caribbean can be cooler somewhat, dipping into the 70's F. at times but by Feb. you're looking at perfect temperatures. In the Caribbean, it's always warm/hot but it's not too hot because of the wonderful tradewinds that cool even the hottest days. It is hottest here in the summer months, 90's F to 100's F even , but the tradewinds and summer showers cool it down some. We have cruised at all different times of year and have always found it to be perfectly warm, not too hot in the Caribbean amd perfectly temperatured in February. The Caribbean has a very steady temperature compared to most parts of the world, partly due to the fact that it's so close to the equator. You'll love it here in February.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JuniorCruiser:
Can anybody tell the temperature in Celcius, please?
It would be 25C and up depending on the islands you are visiting
You can find the temps in F & C at http://www.wunderground.com/global/IS_ST_Index.html
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Should be 80's and 90's (Fahrenheit) or somewhere between 27 - 33 Celsius. Here's a conversion chart below that I found for you...

Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion Chart
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 PM

Be sure and take sun screen and enjoy. Lots of sunshine and warm weather 80's & 90's F. The sun is more intense in the tropice so again take the sun screen.

Enjoy Life & Cruising
Caseyg

Caseyg

Closed Thread

Tags
area, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, february, hot, hottest, island, part, temperature, temperatures, warm, warmers, warmest, weather