Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 06:03 AM

Hi All,
Happened upon this site and discovered some unbelievable pics (lots of close-ups) taken by Antonio, a resident of Cozumel. As clean-up is underway, new pictures are added regularly. (You have to register - for free - in order to view, but well worth it!)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2118380855

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-30-2005, 06:07 AM

Nancy,

it said "Error - Page not found" when I tried to open the link.

Edit: The link is working now. Thanks.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-30-2005, 06:09 AM

Raoul I just changed the URL - I used the wrong link. The one that is posted is now correct.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-30-2005, 06:54 AM

Great pics! I find it hard to believe that cruise ship passengers will have much to do if they arrive on Nov. 14th as reported.
Sandy
Old 10-30-2005, 07:54 AM

I thought the pictures of the downed power poles, the mutilated gas station and over all devastation very telling and sobering.

This is very sad indeed.

Tom
Old 10-30-2005, 12:25 PM

It it so sad to see one of the most beautiful places so damaged and so destroyed. I will be crusing there at the end of January and I am more than happy to spend my money there as a tourist to help re-build the island. I know it's not a lot, but every little bit helps.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Boy, I can really appreciate those pictures. While we did not suffer any of the serious damage that they experienced, I am celebrating having electricity again!!!! I live in Naples, FL and we just got our power restored this afternoon (one of those things you never really appreciate until you don't have it.). While our home suffered no structural damage, there was a lot of debris to clean-up. My heart still goes out to those poor people who lost so much. BTW, thanks for posting these messages about the hurricane damage. Without electricity I have been feeling "news" (not to mention Internet) deprived!
Shelley
Old 10-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Love2Cruise, thank God you did not suffer worse than you did. I hope that that was the last storm of the year to threaten anyone.

Tom
Old 11-04-2005, 10:41 AM

The pictures are getting more encouraging all the time though - we're recovering fast!

Take a look at some of the new ones on my site: http://www.yourcontactintheamericas.com/wilma (under Open for Business for example)

Best wishes

Ian in Cozumel
Old 11-04-2005, 12:17 PM

Wow, "yourcontact" the weblink you sent is very interesting. It looks like our family will be able to get to Cozumel on our cruise the week before Christmas.

From the info on the website it looks like the businesses and infrastructure are getting set up fast, but the hotels are coming back much more slowly. I noticed as of Nov 3rd 13% of the hotel rooms are open, and by Dec 15 they anticipate 37% and by January 15th, 2006 only 43%. It goes to show how powerful and damaging the hurricane was to facilities where people need comfortable, clean and secure rooms. When we booked our cruise, we had thought of flying down and staying at a hotel that week. I guess we made a much more wise choice than we could have imagined.

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, caribbean, cozumel, cruise, damage, damaged, damages, dean, happen, hotels, hurricane, photos, pictures, port, ship, ships