Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 07:20 AM

Looking for advice on www.captainmarvin.com
I want to get the most out of the Grand caymans for only a short amount of time there.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 PM

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are seeking but I have used Captain Marvin's for a trip to Stingray City and it was great! Our boat was not nearly as crowded as most that were there and the crew was very good. They even kept the rowdy kids in line on the way out. We will be back in GC in two weeks and if we decide to go back to Stingray City then we will use CMs again.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:55 AM

I agree with slouman ... we used them in January for our trip and we received excellent service. We also purchased the video that they did of the trip and have really enjoyed watching it over and over to remember what a good time we had. There were only about 35 people on our trip as opposed to about 75-100 off the ship's tour. We were 2nd boat at the sandbar for the morning trip. When we left there were about 6 boats there and it was really crowded ..
Old 03-25-2006, 07:41 AM

Thanks for all the great news about the company. You just never know about some of the companies. Thanks for all the great news. I just want to make this a great trip.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 AM

DSR, if you want to use CM I would suggest you book ahead of time...either directly or online. It will save you some delay when you are ready to begin your excursion.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 AM

I agree on the book ahead ... they ask for your CC#, but don't charge it til you show up to sign in. They actually prefer cash when you check in for the tour. They are real short walk to the left of the pier about 2-3 blocks on the south side of the street.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:39 AM

I would suggest you also check out NativeWay watersports. We just returned from a trip to the Caymans and booked our excursion thorugh this company. They were fantastic! The boat wasn't as crowded as the other boats, and we were able to snorkel longer than any other excursion I've been on. They took us to a fantastic place on the reef where I saw the biggest variety of fish I've ever seen. This was my 6th cruise, and snorkeling is something my husband and I always try to do on the islands.
They also allowed us plenty of time with the stingrays. They gave us plenty of food to feed them, as well as letting us hold them.
The owners, Sharon & Eldon were very friendly and accomodating. I can't say enough good things about the guides that were on the boat with us. They were very friendly and informative.
Due to the bad weather, only 5 showed up for this excursion and they still took us out!
I highly, highly recommend this company.

Closed Thread