Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 10:28 PM
On my last cruise, in the Western Caribbean, there were a few places of business that sold Oriental Rugs. I was tempted to buy one. I suppose those fancy rugs fall into the tax loophole along with: Loose jemstones, works of art, and bedsheets.

Anyway, I know nothing at all about Oriental Rugs and purchasing them while on cruise. Has anybody had the expierience(s) of doing so? How much do they cost? Is it hard rolling them up and taking them onboard the ship? How about alternative shipping? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:11 PM

I would book an Eastern Mediterranean cruise instead. I understand that knowledgeable rug buyers can pay for their curise by purchasing the quality rugs sold there. Many of the ships that do Eastern Med cruises include seminars on the detaisl of acquiring quality carpets, but if you don't know what you are doing, I would not buy them in the Caribbean.

Just my opinion.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, buying, caribbean, caribean, carribean, cruise, oriental, persian, rug, rugs, shopping, shops