Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Thanks. What is that you do not likein Jamaica? Also what is nice about Southern Carribean?
Thanks.
Dave
Old 11-30-2007, 06:44 PM

All this depends on what you like to do. Went Eastern last year--most beautiful beaches ever! (Trunk bay at St. Thomas stop, Orient beach at St. Martin) Didn't like Bahamas but never do. Had teens with and the beach was all the rage. Have gone Western 4 or 5 times. Love that also but not as beautiful to see. Personally I like Jamaica, but we always choose a tour and do not attempt to go off on our own (this is a third world country. Locals are poor and often desperate, 30% unemployment). Favorite thing to do there was horseback riding in the ocean and also white river tubing tour. Have done ruins, dolphin swim, and beaches in Cozumel and love it. Look at the shore tours available and use that to decide what you like best.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 AM

Thanks Laurie
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 AM

If you'd like lots of porst and fewer crowds, go to southern carib out of San Juan. If you like to get the most sea days, Eastern carib sailings from Florida usually has fewer ports. Somewhere in between is Western. If you've never been to any of these, don't sweat the differences just find a good value and get on a cruise. If you like it as much as most of us here, you'll get to experience all three eventually and decide for yourself which is best for you. Any would be a great first cruise experience.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-01-2007, 12:22 PM

Thanks Neil
Old 12-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rochbie:
Why is that the eastern carribean cruise cheaper than the western carribean cruise?
I would like to know soon because we have reservation holds on both, except that the one on eastern we have a balcony room on the western there is no balcony available. This is our first cruise, so would like it to be a good experience. Please advise. Thanks.
Well I just got back from an Eastern Caribbean cruise and I've been on two other Western Caribbean tours. One of those Western's was an exotic western. The Eastern Caribbean is much more Americanized if you want to label it. St. Thomas is my favorite in the east and Grand Cayman is my favorite in the west. I would never recommend Puerto Rico or Jamaica to anyone! Cozumel is also nice and St. Maarten is great as well.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribbean, carribean, cheaper, cruise, cruises, cruising, easter, eastern, great, review, reviews, southern, times, tourist, western