Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:45 PM

Why is that the eastern carribean cruise cheaper than the western carribean cruise?
I would like to know soon because we have reservation holds on both, except that the one on eastern we have a balcony room on the western there is no balcony available. This is our first cruise, so would like it to be a good experience. Please advise. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 AM

i cant comment too much on eastern vs. western, but i had my first balcony a few months ago and it was FANTASTIC...i dont think i can ever cruise without one again

if you have the money, and no real preference for east or west, go with the balcony
Old 11-21-2007, 03:26 PM

Our family did an Eastern Carribean cruise with a balcony a couple of years ago. It was great. I loved St.Thomas. We did not cruise the Western Carribean, but instead took an Apple vacation to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun. In the week we saw what we wanted to see in Cozumel and Cancun. Although we love to cruise, this was a new experience and would do it that way again. Which ever you choose, I hope you have a great time!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM

Thank you for all your replies.
Bizzybee what is an apple vacation??
BTW.. we are going western and got a balcony on Freedom. We will be spending christmas on board Freedom..
Dave
Old 11-22-2007, 01:27 PM

My preference is the Western Caribbean. I have taken both. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Eastern but it was enjoyable. I am taking the Western again in January because I enjoy Grand Cayman especially. The entire Caribbean area is a distant second to Alaska however!

Western Caribbeam Carnival 2005

Eastern Caribbean Holland America 2006

Alaska Diamond Princess 2007

Western Caribbean NCL Jewel 2008

Southern Caribbean Holland America Westerdam 2008
Old 11-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Thanks.
I guess if I like cruising then I will try out Alaska next.
Dave
Old 11-23-2007, 07:05 AM

i've never understood cruising to alaska - just doesnt seem fun to me (not as fun at least)...though i've never cruised there, so maybe ill have to try it
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 AM

Apple Vacations is a tour operator that books packaged vacations. Our package included airfare to Cancun, seven days at an all-inclusive resort (alcohol included), buffet meals and evening entertainment. Excursions were not included in the price. We enjoyed ourselves. We were able to see more of Cancun and Cozumel in six days than you would see on a cruise. One year we may decide to do the Western Caribbean on a cruise. I would enjoy seeing Grand Cayman, however Alaska is our next adventure. Alaska seems to be all about nature and the scenery. I look forward to it.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:49 PM

You can see pictures, videos, and tour guides but until you see Alaska in person, it is impossible to envision. It makes you feel very small! In my opinion, the best cruise is from Anchorage to Vancouver.

Western Caribbeam Carnival 2005

Eastern Caribbean Holland America 2006

Alaska Diamond Princess 2007

Western Caribbean NCL Jewel 2008

Southern Caribbean Holland America Westerdam 2008
Old 11-25-2007, 01:19 PM

It depends on the precise stops. For Eastern, I love St. Maarten and St. Thomas, but not happy with San Juan or any Bahamas stops.

For Western, love Grand Cayman, OK with Cozumel and Cancun, but not happy with Jamaica.

Personally, I prefer Southern!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribbean, carribean, cheaper, cruise, cruises, cruising, easter, eastern, great, review, reviews, southern, times, tourist, western