Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 12:08 PM

I will be on the Adventure of the Seas (RCL) and would like to find out the best places for a certified diver. I am not looking for a package that will allow at least a couple of dives. Ports of call are St Thomas, ST Maarten, Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados. Do you recommend booking through the ship or independently via the internet? Thanks
Old 04-24-2006, 12:09 PM

Sorry I AM looking for the package. Brain lock.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:10 PM

In Barbados we did 4 snorkels with Tiami that gave us 2 dives, but no one had diving gear on those trips. We booked the tour through Princess and with Carnival. The crew from Tiami are great. In St. Thomas we did a couple of catamaran tours through the ship that took us to Buck Island, while there we saw a few ships with divers, but I don't know how many dives they did. We only did one dive. The rest of the islands except for Antigua, we only got to snorkel once per trip. These were both dive boats and catamarans. We haven't been to Antigua there, but can't wait. There's suppose to be 365 beaches. I posted a question about 3 months ago asking where the best snorkeling was, but had no reply. Also, in St. Thomas you can take a ferry to St. Johns and go to Trunk Bay. It would be a beach dive. We've been on many snorkeling trips that were mixed with divers that had their own equipment. Guess I'm not being much help for your specific question, just to let you know that most trips we've booked have only been 1 dive. Enjoy your cruise, the water's great!!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:20 PM

Thanks Penny. I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, dive, diving, line, lucia, place, places, saint, scuba, sourthern, southern