Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 05:45 PM

we will be in jamica, grand cayman in ec 07. One of our group wants to go to the beach and relax. Of the 2 places what would be the best place to go.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM

My favorite beach in Grand Cayman is 7 mile beach, others like Rum Point Beach. I've not been to Rum Point, but 7 mile is beautiful. In Jamaica I would suggest an all inclusive if you just want to go to a beach. If you're going to Ocho Rios, you might want to check into Dunn's River Falls. You don't have to climb the falls themselves, there is a stairway along the side, but climbing the falls is a blast. We did a tour in Montego Bay through the ship. We went to visit a plantation, went to a shoppng area, and came back to the ship. Jamaica is a beautiful island, but very poor, please be sure to stay in an organized group there. Grand Cayman is quite safe, there are taxis available to take you anywhere. If you like snorkeling and are in for a treat, go to Stingray City, it's a great experience. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:39 PM

Penny,

Is 7 mile beach similar at all to Doctor's Cove beach in Montego Bay? I thought Doctor's Cove beach was beautiful but didn't do 7-mile Beach (did Stingray City instead).
Old 08-02-2007, 08:09 AM

Hi jackinbox, actually 7 mile is better, to me anyway. It has beautiful water, usually quite calm, very clear. There were some great little daquiri stands, white sand, and lovely to walk. Trunk Bay is by far the most perfect beach I've been to, but 7 mile is just lovely. Grand Cayman doesn't have the terrain that Jamaica does, so I guess I should say, it is a different beauty. If you go to Grand Cayman again, check it out. I'm going to try to get to both Rum Point and 7 mile next year when we go. Best wishes!

Closed Thread