Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2004, 08:25 AM

any info on the port of la romana? This is a stop on the jubilee cruise and they do not offer any shore tours here . . .
Old 02-11-2004, 08:25 AM

any info on the port of la romana? This is a stop on the jubilee cruise and they do not offer any shore tours here . . .
Old 02-13-2004, 07:27 AM

We just got back from a 7 day on the Paradise. We stopped at LaRomana, and Carnival does have shore tours for this stop even though they don't have them on the internet shore excusions. We got a cab with six other people and went to a beach for 4 hours. There wasn't much to do there as the hotels on the beach have all of the shore activities and there are gaurds who ask you to stay on the public part of the beach and not enter the end where the hotels are. The snorkeling was not good at all here. The cab driver dropped us off and said he would pick us up at 3:00, but after waiting 20 minutes or so on him, we grabbed a ride with another cab that was heading back to the ship. There is a huge language barrier here unless you speak Spanish. None of us did, and we even had the cab driver write his price is the sand so we understood how much he was charging us. This is one stop you probably will want to take one of Carnival's excursions. You will receive a packet of all the excursions once you are on board, or go down to the excusion desk and pick one up. They actually offer 15 tours for this stop. I did hear people complain that some of the tours that took you to to outer areas had long bus rides and the kids in the cities came up and begged for money. The way I look at it, if you are on a bus in a country you have never been to before it is a way to see how the people really live and the countryside etc. If the little kids are beggin, a quarter may seem like a million bucks to them. I hope you have a good time on your cruise, and I was in your shoes before we left because I couldn't find anything on LaRomana either. It is a very poor country as are many of the places we have been to on our cruises. Make it an adventure and have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, dominican, excursion, excursions, la, land, port, republic, review, reviews, roma, romana, shore, stops