Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 05:32 PM

Hi, I'm going to the following ports and so far have these as the "best" excursions, but would appreciate feedback if anyone has better ones:
1. Belieze City: the cave tubing tour probably with the Action boys as they take smaller groups; thinking about adding zipline, but I have done that in Costa Rica and not sure want to spend the extra money
2. Costa Maya: just doing the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins, others are too far.
3. Cozumel: three reef snorkeling (better than two?)
4. Guatemala: not sure yet!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:20 AM

Cave tubing is the "in" thing to do in Belize. I preferred snorkeling because it was fantastic there. The ruins in Costa Maya are ok compared to Tulhum not great. Tulhum is a journey for sure, but they are amazing ruins and a beautiful setting. We have not done the 3 reef snorkeling in Cozumel, but have had good snorkels there. My favorite was Chankanaab Park because we did the swim with the dolphins there, then just snorkeled off the beach after enjoying some lunch at the restaurant with a couple of margaritas. Haven't been to Guatemala, but from what I read, the beach is about the only thing there. That'd be fine with me, though When are you sailing? A co-worker is going on the NCL Star in November.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 PM

Penny, can you help me the best way to do this:
I want to take a tour of the Rio Dulce and Livingston in Guatemala with Javier, from here. It's a 7 hr. $50 per person trip and i hear it's GREAT but he needs 8 people (so 6 more) to do it, so I'd like to get a message out to other people sailing on the NCL Western Caribbean trip on Nov. 22nd from New Orleans, who might want to sign up for this. Any suggestions how to reach those people? Thanks Rosie
Old 10-01-2009, 07:03 AM

Do you have your cruise listed in Roll-Call? If so, are there other people listed on your cruise? If so, drop them a PM (Private Topic-email) and see if they are interested. If not, add your cruise to the roll-call section. Our tablemates went with us on a couple of excursions, so that's a possibility, too. Also, you will be meeting people on board that might be interested. We really don't want the board to be an advertising tool because IB doesn't want that kind of liability. Hope this helps.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:13 AM

We love Belize - there are other small group cave tubing companies as well. Many of them seem to do a great job. We went BelizeCruise Excursions. Great Fun.

Costa Maya - Chacchoben was great. The native choice took us before Hurricane Dean and we've been with them to Dzibanche in 2009. Loved it.

Cozumel - three reef snorkeled in Sept 2009. It was pretty good. Better snorkeling at other places in Cozumel, but it was a really great value, very small group. A huge ship sponsored group was about 25 minutes behind us. Can't imagine they saw what we did. I really did enjoy it.

Guatemala - Never been but very anxious to go. Have a great time and let us know how it turned out.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribbean, carribean, choice, comments, costa, cruise, excursion, excursions, favorite, maya, native, ncl, port, ports, review, reviews, western