Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Hi,
I am planning an excursion to Passion Island, Cozumel and am wondering if anyone has gone there and had any other suggestions for a beach day in Cozumel when the ship docks for the day. Also, there is a 350lb weight restriction for this excursion and I was wondering if anyone knew why. Thanks so much!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Administrator

There are three tour options for Isla Passion, one of which is the kayak tour to the island. That is the only one that I know of with a weight limit because of the kayaks. The regular tour and the jeep tour shouldn't have a weight limit.

We went to Passion Island last summer. Very nice place. I hope you get Alex as the guide. He is wonderful and will memorize everyone's name and home state by the time you get to the island.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Went in Jan '06 to Passion Island a month or so after that hurricane. It didn't look to good then, but then again the whole island of Cozumel looked like Hell. It must have been a nice place once because there was a couple who were on our excurision with us who were coming back for the 3rd time. They were terrible upset about how bad it looked. I'm sure it must look like paradise again though. Still I don't know that I'd go back there, maybe Playa Mia?
Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 AM

We went to Passion Island before the Hurricane and It was BEAUTIFUL! I hope its been rebuilt to its original beauty. You take a boat over from the mainland to Passion Island and my bet is the weight limit is because of that. The buffet was wonderful and I have to admit it was one of my favorite stops on our cruise. I just wish it had lasted longer. It was really set up where adults, college kids could drink and get away but then they had a part of the beach where they did pinata's etc. for the younger kids too. It used to be unlimited free alcoholic drinks but I think they may have changed that.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 02-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Administrator

They had an unlimited open bar last summer, but I stuck with Coronas since the mixed drinks didn't appear to be well made. One fool did a bunch of tequila shots and couldn't stand up unaided. He was sweating badly and fell in the sand - which of course stuck to him. He had no idea why everyone was laughing at him.

Closed Thread

Tags
alex, bad, caballero, carnival, cozumel, cruise, excursion, excursions, florida, guide, island, line, orlando, passion, reviews