Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Hi all,

I'm leaving for my cruise tomorrow morning, and I have one last question about excursion. We booked for cave tubing at berlize and stingray city at grandcayman etc. I'm wondering if it is safe to keep money or anything in the van when we go cave tubing. It says that we have to leave our bag in the van and I think we should be carrying anything with us.

Is it safe??? Don't know what to do with the money. Let me know what you guys did.

thanks,

carmen
Old 04-28-2006, 01:54 PM

they may tell you things will be safe in the van, but I wouldn't trust money there..my husband has a velcro closing leg pocket on his swim trunks, we have a waterproof plastic case that we put money and a credit card in it and he keeps it on him, I also have a waterproof container that hangs ina string around my neck that I can carry money, id's etc in. If cameras, clothes etc, get stolen that can be replaced. Money, credit cards and ID's while traveling a different story.
Carnival Fascination July 2006
Carnival Miracle Feb 2007
Carnival Destiny July 2007
Carnival Imagination Nov 2007
Carnival Liberty Feb 2008

UPCOMING CRUISES:
Carnival Victory Oct 2008
Emerald Princess Jan 2009
Old 04-28-2006, 03:06 PM

I agree about the money - keep all credit cards, ID and money on your person. You can use a hip pack and put money in a ziploc bag to help keep it dry (two bags, one inside the other, is even better.) Take only a few dollars with you onshore - $10-20 or so (per person), mostly in smaller bills, to use for tips for the tour guide and whatever you may want to buy for souvenirs. (I tend to buy postcards and a t-shirt, so I'm a cheap date! ) Leave all the other cash you have for the trip in your cabin safe.
Have fun!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:31 PM

I left a $500 camera and wallet in their locked van. No problem. When you think about it, how long would they stay in business if they started stealing from their customers? The other posts had great advice. Do what makes you feel comfortable. I never carry much cash on an excursion. You're going to have a GREAT time on both of those excursions
Old 04-28-2006, 11:10 PM

Thanks everyone, great advice!! SONNYV it's very true what you said. I'm leaving in a couple of hours...so excited!!!!!

I'll tell you all about it when I'm back!!

carmen

Closed Thread