Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Grand Cayman (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/13700-grand-cayman.html)

mollroddot 11-14-2006 04:18 AM

I'm looking for an excurision on Grand Cayman that includes Stingray and snorkel. The snorkling that I have done on excurision seem like just as soon as you get off it time to get back on. The last time I snorkled at Eden Bay about 3 years ago there was'nt any fish. Would like to do the great corl reef but more than 1/2 hour. Any suggestions? Cruising in 45 days

penny3333 11-14-2006 09:17 AM

You can do the Stingray City snorkel, there are also a couple of wrecks near where you tender to that are good to snorkel on. If you ever get to Grenada, do the Flamingo Bay snorkel with Wadadli. They gave us 2 hours to snorkel there and it was a great area. Crystal clear water, plenty of fish, depths ranging from 15-90 feet, good reefs, good coral. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Sonny V 11-14-2006 12:09 PM

When we use Captain Marvin's stingray tour we also stopped to snorkel.

Sonny

Barrett 11-18-2006 01:51 PM

I really recommend using Ezona's Aquatics. www.ezonasaquatics.com

I have gone out on their boat several times and it is big enough for 30 but usually only half full and they let you spend a lot of time in the water. Plus since they do not advertise with the cruise ships their prices are cheaper for what is essentially a charter boat.

KK 11-21-2006 08:40 AM

We snorkeled last Thurs 11/16 at Eden Rock and the Devil's Grotto - saw plenty of fish. Had a great time and you can't beat the price ($10 US/person!). We also asked a local where good snorkeling is away from all the tourists and she recommended Cemetary Beach.

Quote:

Originally posted by mollroddot:
I'm looking for an excurision on Grand Cayman that includes Stingray and snorkel. The snorkling that I have done on excurision seem like just as soon as you get off it time to get back on. The last time I snorkled at Eden Bay about 3 years ago there was'nt any fish. Would like to do the great corl reef but more than 1/2 hour. Any suggestions? Cruising in 45 days

msubobcats 12-01-2006 06:44 AM

KK - You snorkeled eden and devil? Where was the $10 charge? Was that rental equipment from Eden Rock Dive Center?
Heading to Caymen in 5/07 and looking to snorkel. Where did you go when you left the ship?

Thanks
Go Cats

GalOverCs 12-12-2006 02:55 PM

We used Captain Marvin's as well after reading tons of rave reviews and it worked out amazingly well! The group was a fourth the size of the cruise ship's group which made a huge difference. I think we had maybe 8 people in total and were able to go snorkling (twice) while we waited for the large groups to clear out.

moeve 12-14-2006 12:00 PM

You might also want to check out the Rays Reef and Rum Runners from Native way watersports....

Jim C. 12-15-2006 07:54 AM

What cruise line you going on? We did Carnivals Stingray & snorkel excursion which lets you do both and we had a go amount of time at both stops. However, I would take the other's advice and connect Captain Marvin's for a tour. It will cost less than the ship booked tour and you will probably get more tour than on the ship too.

mollroddot 12-15-2006 09:35 AM

We are leaving in two weeks on the golden princess. We have booked on Mobey Dick Tours. I just read there is eight ships docking. I will have a great time no matter what happens.