Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 12:49 PM

YES I do thanks for asking. A beautiful baby girl. mom and baby are doing wonderful. life is so very good.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 PM

Congratulations Now you can spoil her rotten, then send her home to mom and dad. Payback is so much fun
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Carnival and Princess have announced they're taking St. Kitts off the itinerary for the time being. So far, I haven't read anything about Celebrity taking this action. I think the excursion was a Celebrity tour called, "Essential St. Kitts," which is off the tour list pending the outcome of the criminal investigation.

As of yesterday, 4 people have been arrested in connection with this robbery, and "several items" have been taken into custody.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:00 AM

Glad they've caught the criminals, but now they need to do more...not just to convince the cruise lines that they're on top of this but to convince others who live on the island that this kind of crime will result in swift and severe punishment. They need their names and pictures out there in public and long prison terms handed down.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:30 PM

My guess is that there are many, many locations in the US that cruise lines have tours set up for its passengers..Some of these, I would imagine, could be subject to a similiar situation as we are speaking of in St Kitts. I guess there are bad guys out there no matter where we may travel.. Can you see one of the cruise lines that stops in New Orleans, NY, or some other place that is a great tourist destination taking that port or tour of interest off its lists? I think that in some cases, the cruise line is very prudent to do so.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 PM

I'm glad they caught them, too. Bob1958, I agree, if the punishment isn't severe enough, no one will pay any attention.

Peterl, you're right, it can happen anywhere.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:22 AM

Well we have just over 8 months to go before we sail into the Southern Caribbean. First it was Dominica was no longer on the list of ports to be visited and now St. Kitts. By the time we sail our 7 day 7 ports could be done to a 7 day 4 port cruise the way things are going!!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Carnival and Princess Cruise Lines have announced they will resume St Kitts. The Carnival Victory will resume with the November 26th sailing, and Grand Princess and Emerald Princess with the December 1st sailings.

Tags
belize, bus, carribbean, cruise, excursion, gunpoint, held, island, kitts, reviews, robbed, st, stopped, tour, tourist