Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 09:31 AM

We leave in 1 week for a cruise-including St. Martin. We'd like to go to Loterie Farm (zipline) first, then to Moho Beach and then to Orient Beach. Do you think it will be too difficult to do? We're on the island from 7am-6pm. How much time should we allow from Loterie Farm to Moho Beach? How long does it take to get from Orient Beach to the the cruise ship pier? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Orient Beach huh???
Old 07-22-2007, 03:25 PM

Well, Danceswithwolves, let's start from the beginning. You should be able to accomplish everything that you want to visit on St. Martin. You have more than enough time to visit all of your aforementioned beaches. Just a word to the wise, visit Maho Beach before Orient Beach. Why??? Simple, it's easy to get your shorts blown off at Maho Beach. That being the case, you will fit right in at Orient Beach.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I was in St. Martin last year, on my cruise aboard the Carnival Glory.

I only traveled from Phillipsburg (where the cruise ship was docked) to Orient Beach. I did not like the journey there. It took about 45 minutes to one hour, one way. The interior of St. Martin is poor. The roadways subsequently have that underdeveloped impoverished look to them. We had to go over the river and through the woods and went coming around the mountain when we came to Orient Beach. I know both Phillipsburg and Orient Beach are on the East side of St. Martin and St. Maarten. I don't know how long it would take for you to go to the so-called "Lottery Farm" or other beach you mentioned. If it will take as long as it took me to get from Phillipsburg to Orient Beach, expect a long bumpy ride, and plan accordingly.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Simple, it's easy to get your shorts blown off at Maho Beach. That being the case, you will fit right in at Orient Beach.
I remember that part of Orient Beach; on the south end of it. Of course to "fit right in" you would have to be European, and older than Yoda. Definetly, hard on the eyes. A total dissapointment to any male teenager who is eagerly anticipating visiting such a beach for the first time.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Frase you have me LOLROTF..... To grandmothers house we go! For those curious go to www.orientbeach.com and see what Frase is talking about.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 AM

What an unflattering mixture of sun, sand, sea, and silicone.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Oh dr, if only they used silicon, maybe they wouldn't sag so much. I just wonder if they ever look in a mirror.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Oh dr, if only they used silicon, maybe they wouldn't sag so much. I just wonder if they ever look in a mirror.
Aye, tis very true... Looking at the pictures on that website makes you realize just how cruel gravity can be to the human anatomy.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cruise, distance, drive, length, long, maarten, martin, orient, philipsburg, phillisburg, pier, port, ship, st