Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 09:31 AM

I was just in the western caribbean with Princess and had a lovely time except the one time I used my VISA card. The restaurant at the cruise docks where we had lunch my numbers were lifted and used in Texas for many high priced purchases. So my warning for all-use cash or don't shop-it's not worth it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2002, 09:31 AM

I was just in the western caribbean with Princess and had a lovely time except the one time I used my VISA card. The restaurant at the cruise docks where we had lunch my numbers were lifted and used in Texas for many high priced purchases. So my warning for all-use cash or don't shop-it's not worth it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2002, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the tip. We leave Saturday for a 10 day trip. While I generally don't use my card, I do use for jewelry shopping in St. Thomas. I always ask for the carbon copy when that's the kind of machine that is used, but a lot of places are just using the machines now that no carbons are given. Are you sure that it was lifted at this location, or could it have possibly been lifted at home? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2002, 05:10 PM

I'm positive it was at that location. I hadn't used that card for months and on the cruise I only used it once- and at that restaurant. All they need is the numbers and exp. dates and they make up phony cards/id's. When the waiter came to pick up my card and the bill, it was over 15 min. and he still hadn't returned and the place wasn't busy-I thought that was strange and I was right. These people have done this before-
Visa told me their security department will be contacting me in the next few days....but I will also let Princess Cruises know also.

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, cruise, visa