Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 PM

quote:
About the only sharks you will see are the ones selling bingo cards and clackers on board the ship:-)

That's funny! I haven't seen a "'Clacker" since I was in grade school. If we are talking about the same thing.

It is true, the sharks that swim on the land are way more dangerous than those in the ocean.

Penny makes a very good point about the sea urchins. I stepped on one the first time I went snorkeling while walking through the rocks to put my fins on. The term "Ouch!" doesn't do the feeling justice. I watch out for them more than the sharks.

Dwayne
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM

we did a shark dive last year in the bahama's and it was the most incredible thing I have ever done!! Probably wouldn't do it again, but I am so glad I did! They are the most graceful and amazing thing in the water, there were probably 50 or so, they are curious but never once "scared" us. We all sat in a sand pit, where they feed them, and then we could hunt for shark teeth! absolutely amazing!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I was not going to post but to tell you the truth;

Yes the Caribbean have a few dangers and that include Shark's, or "Tiburones" as we call them, if you don't know how to handle them in a safe manner is better to stay away. In Aguadilla, near Mayaguez, the university mascot is a Shark because Aguadilla is where they usually are, in the deep part, but a few surfer's had had a few encounters over the years...enought said

You can even find on a few areas sting rays or even a tiger fish, that will depend on the area of the caribbean, but here on Puerto Rico mostly you can find a few varieties of shark's but since many people "kill" them over the years, every year there are less and less shark. In the past they even used them to make "tropical food" on the island, that was before they prohibit fishing them, as I am told, they are not good as chicken, even can have "poison" and make you pay for eating it on the next morning if it is not cooked properly, but they say it taste good anyway.

Closed Thread

Tags
al, caribbean, close, cruise, diving, florida, gulf, nurse, parasailing, ports, scared, sharks, shore, shores, snorkeling, snuba, tubing