Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 05:37 PM

I was wanting some advice on the shore excursions for San Juan, St. Marteen and St. Thomas. What's good, what's bad, what days (ports) are better to shop and hang out rather than go on an excursion, etc? Can anyone give me ideas? My wife and I are relatively experienced cruisers (if that's a word). We like it all: snorkeling, relaxing at the beach, shopping, tours, etc.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 AM
The rain forest in Sn Juan was nice. And of course there's shopping in St. Thomas.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 AM

A tour of Old San Juan is nice and so is the Bacardi Factory tour-good samples. St. Maarten isn't one of my favorite islands, but the last time we were there we did the America Cup racing. It was such a blast, a bunch of tourist sailing a racing yacht. St. Thomas, take a ferry over to St. John and a cab to Trunk Bay. It is the most awesome beach with a self-guided snorkel tour about 50 yards from shore. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drogerm:
I was wanting some advice on the shore excursions for San Juan, St. Marteen and St. Thomas. What's good, what's bad, what days (ports) are better to shop and hang out rather than go on an excursion, etc? Can anyone give me ideas? My wife and I are relatively experienced cruisers (if that's a word). We like it all: snorkeling, relaxing at the beach, shopping, tours, etc.
When is your sail date I am going to those exact Islands May 6th is my sail date.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
quote:
Originally posted by drogerm:
When is your sail date I am going to those exact Islands May 6th is my sail date.

September 9th. Too long!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:30 PM

As usual, I'm going to agree with Penny about Trunk Bay excursion for St. Thomas to St. John. Absolutely breathtaking sceenery and great snorkeling, you're going to love it!. St. Maarten go to Orient Beach. Tryed to find a better beach last trip but didn't. Wish I'd went back there. I heard from another fellow cruiser that Dawn Beach was nice, anyone? Never been to San Juan.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 AM

If you have never been to St Thomas, take a tour first. You will stop at all the major lookout points and see the main beaches/attractions, and have time for shopping as well. When you exit the pier gate, ask for Henry of Henry's Island tours. We have used him multiple times and he is awesome!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 04-28-2007, 07:11 AM

I really appreciate all the ideas. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:38 AM
My sister is going FOS on this trip June 3. She has been to st Thomas before- rented car said it's beautiful. She recommends Coki Beach- take dog biscuits and hand feed the fish while you're in the water snorkling. (the beach is next to Coral World Marine Park). The Skyline Drive to Mountain Top to view Magen Bay is breathtaking. Skyride to Paradise Point, Ferry to St John Island and swim in the caves, they also have helicopter rides.
In SanJuan the only thing we found there was the Bacardi Rum Distillery. Walk to Pier 2 take a 50cent ferry to Cantano/pay $3 to shuttle to distillery. The guided, trolly tour is free and you get two drinks free!
St. Maarten:
Jet Skis or Parasailing...my favorite: Aquamania Adventures 544-2640 (may have a prefix of 0590, not sure) or Westport Water Sports 544-2557 at Kim Sha Beach
Loterie Farm phone: 01159088616,(loteriefarm@yahoo.com) located off main road to Pic Paradise (0590-878-616)$44 per adult, closed Mondays weigh less than 220...ziplines, suspended bridges, rope swings etc.
Rent Segway Human Transporters to stroll the beachfront boardwalks
Rhino Riders- 2 man, 10' inflatable motorboats
St-Martin-Vacation.com
Old 05-04-2007, 07:07 AM

What about shopping? We were wanting to spend one day finding some high-end (David Yurman, Rolex, Mont Blanc, etc) duty-free, tax-free deals. Where are the best places for that?

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, eastern, freedom, juan, port, reviews, san, segway, shopping