Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM

I was looking for some input on the best beach day in Cozumel. I will not be booking thru the ship. I have it down to Playa Mia, Mr. Sanchos, and Paradise beach. I will have two teens and two seniors with me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Alfred
Old 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM

I was looking for some input on the best beach day in Cozumel. I will not be booking thru the ship. I have it down to Playa Mia, Mr. Sanchos, and Paradise beach. I will have two teens and two seniors with me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Alfred
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 AM

I've only been to Paradise Beach of the three mentioned. I can say this, Paradise Beach is a first class operation. It isn't good for snorkeling though. The beach is very clean, and so are the restrooms and changing areas. You simply step out of the taxi and walk up a few steps and then through the bar/restaurant to the beach. No cover charge! They simply ask everyone to buy $10 worth of food or drinks. BTW, the food is awesome! The hospitality from the staff has been beyond my expectations on my visits.

Dwayne
Old 01-26-2009, 05:27 AM

I was in Cozumel last week, and two people from our group rented a motor scooter and rode around the island. They stopped at several beaches, and pronounced Paradise Beach as the best. They said next time they're in Cozumel, they're just taking a taxi to Paradise Beach for the day.

Dwayne has been there and knows more about it, but I'm just seconding his suggestion based on last week's experience.

Sandy
Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 AM

Dwayne,
Thank you very much for your reply as it is most helpful. I have read some really nice things about Paradise beach. How about the beach water quality? Is the water clear with that nice blue look to it? In regard to Playa Mia I have seen photos on line and am having issue with the lounge chairs. This may sound weird but they just do not look that comfortable. They seem to be a curved piece of molded plastic. It looks like my mother in law might have a hard time getting in and out of one of those chairs.Thank you all!!
Alfred
Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 AM

Wife and I have been to Paradise Beach twice, and loved every minute both times. Food is awesome (try the grilled Mahi-Mahi sandwich), water and beach is immaculate, lots of water toys, etc. Beach waiters will take good care of you. Look for yourself at www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com or you can do a comparison at www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches Have fun!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM

We've been to Paradise and Chankanaab Park. I preferred Chankanaab Park because the snorkeling was better. Paradise was good if all you wanted to do is eat, drink and bomb around in the water without snorkeling.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM

I went to Chankanaab last year & you pay an admission into the park. There is snorkeling for a fee but not much of a beach. There is a pool though. This is also where you can swim with the dolphins.

I also been to Paradise Beach which I thought was very nice but not the snorkeling kind of place. Both places also have food & both are very nice.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM

We are going to Paradise Beach in 3 weeks.
Can't wait to get there.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-27-2009, 12:10 AM

quote:
Dwayne,
Thank you very much for your reply as it is most helpful. I have read some really nice things about Paradise beach. How about the beach water quality? Is the water clear with that nice blue look to it?

The water appears to me to be more of an aqua color. It is very nice to look at. It isn't quite all that clear for snorkeling though. They have some water toys for a charge, and a parasailing vendor nearby. A nice place for all of the age ranges you mentioned. If I had snorkeling on my mind, I would go to Chankanaab as Penny noted. It will cost considerably more though.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, clean, cozumel, cruising, teens, water